“A Must-Do In Mumbai” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mumbai Magic - Private Tours

Mumbai Magic - Private Tours
Ranked #3 of 20 Food & Drink in Mumbai
More attraction details
Owner description: Approved by Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, and listed on Maharashtra Tourism website. Listed in Frommers, Lonely Planet and many international magazines. Pioneers of walks and insightful tours of the city.
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A Must-Do In Mumbai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

I joined my husband on a business trip to Mumbai and had three days to myself. Prior to going, I researched tours and Deepa's website was head and shoulders above the competition. She detailed her tours with time options, start and end points, attractions included and prices.
Her reviews were glowing. Her communication was prompt. I chose four tours to take with Mumbai Magic. Mumbai Local involved walking, cab, bus and taxi. I was escorted by two lovely, enthusiastic local lasses, Eshwari and Sita. Included were entrance fees, transport fees and a delicious meal at Swati Snacks.This tour was a good way to cover quite a bit of Mumbai. The Dharavi Slum tour was enlightening. My guide was a uni student resident in Dharavi, a charming 19 year old named Irshad. He gave an excellent commentary and appeared not to mind escorting a middle aged woman! I was inspired by the industrious nature of his community. Chor Bazaar and Crawford Market were the other tours I chose. I thoroughly recommend them both. My guide, Venita, is a real asset to Mumbai Magic. She is a sophisticated, unflappable, funny and intelligent woman. There was nothing I could not ask her and we shared many a laugh. She advised when photography was / was not appropriate and assisted in my purchase of a few souvenirs. Her company was the highlight of my trip. Thanks, Venita.
I unreservedly recommend Mumbai Magic. A trip to Mumbai would not be complete without taking at least one of their tours.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank saafi11
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Thai first
Coventry, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Magic Moments”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

From the time we made our first enquiry with Deepa Krishna of the Magic tours, we knew that Magic was the company for us. Everything was arranged so smoothly, even when we mixed up the dates. No hassle they sorted that too.

We arrived in Mumbai 4am Sunday morning and needed to be at the airport at 6pm the same evening. Magic Tours made sure we got the very best out of it by arranging a driver for the day and also a guide. I have mobility problems but wanted to experience everything. It was wonderful, the driver took us around the streets where we watched young people playing cricket matches in the streets with the traffic just going round them. We went to see the fishing docks with all the ladies carrying fish on their heads. It was so colourful and we got a really good feeling about Mumbai. Later we picked up our guide Vinita who made sure we got the very most out of our time and tailored the tour to our needs. As it was a Sunday the traffic was reasonable and we were able to cover a lot of ground. She was very knowledgeable and so interesting to talk to. There is some lovely architecture in Mumbai, the wonderful Victoria railway station, the Gateway to India. the Banganga Tank with the little temples around it and people bathing in the spring waters it was so tranquil. Our guide Vinita even pushed my wheelchair down the cobbles so that I didn't miss it. We saw the laundry with all the clothes blowing there in the wind and of course the slums,. It was a very impressive tour, and we can’t praise Magic Tours enough. We were with them for 6 days in different cities and from the time they picked us up from the airport in Mumbai we were impressed by their professionalism and friendliness.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank cov f
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The perfect way to see the sights and cultures of Mumbai.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

I booked three Mumbai Magic Tours over a span of two days during my stay in Mumbai. For starters, Deepa was always prompt and professional in helping me make the arrangements for the tours. The Mumbai City Tour the first day was amazing, covering a broad variety of sites and providing a vast amount of information without being overwhelming. Deepa even called my hotel that evening to check on me and make sure everything with the tour went as expected. The next day I took the Elephanta Island tour. Having a personal guide was definitely the correct way to go, as each carved panel was explained in detail, providing me with extraordinary insight into the caves. My morning guide and Deepa both helped arrange my transfer to my last tour, the Spirit of Dharavi. I was completely blown away by this tour. It was made even better by the very personable college student who not only was my guide, but also a resident of Dharavi. Although this tour may not be for everyone, I highly recommend it. Overall, Mumbai Magic made my trip to Mumbai an unforgettable journey that I will remember for a lifetime.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank phraktur
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Mumbai Local is a great tour concept!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

We really enjoyed the Mumbai Local tour -- what a great concept! And while it's definitely pricey, it includes all transportation (taxi, bus, and train), lunch, Gandhi museum entry -- and the chance to talk to lively, friendly local students who provide their take on the city. (These are wonderful and engaging students -- they may not be able to recite chapter and verse of the history of any building you see, but you can learn a lot about what it's like to go to school in Mumbai, which is fascinating in itself.) And if you haven't planned ahead and want to see some of the highlights of the city - not to mention experience the trains and the buses with guides who can show you the ropes - this is especially worthwhile. You see many of the central sights that the guidebooks mention. HIghly recommended.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank rdn5
NJ
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Mumbai Magic Tour - a fabulous way to see Mumbai!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

The local Mumbai Magic tour is a fabulous way to see this dynamic city! The young guides were knowledgeable, energetic and their love of the city is infectious. We (my husband and teenage daughter) thoroughly enjoyed the tour. The variety of local transport (train, bus, taxi) allowed us to see a different, less 'touristy' view of the city's landmarks and eating lunch with the young woman was a great way to try new dishes we may not have otherwise ordered.

We actually used Deepa Krishnan's full itinerary service to plan our 2 week stay and I cannot say enough about the amazing job they did to ensure that we had a truly memorable trip. The itinerary was full and varied but never too much - we were always amazed, at the end of the day, at how much we were able to see and enjoy! We took her day tours in Delhi, Agra, Chennai, Cochin and Mahabalipurim in addition to the one in Mumbai. Each tour had a different focus and emphasis and each was wonderful in it's own way - the rickshaw ride through Old Delhi was definitely a highlight of our entire vacation! We had the pleasure of having both young student guides as well as more mature, professional guides and they were all superb. The drivers were amazing, navigating the often chaotic traffic with ease and in between, the Mumbai Magic team was always there to make sure we were happy and enjoying our stay.

I can say, without a doubt, that without Deepa's expert planning assistance, we would not have seen, or more importantly appreciated, nearly as much! Deepa's people made sure that any concerns were resolved quickly and without fuss and kept everything running smoothly. From pick up at the airport the first day, through all our inter India flight and to the last drop off to come home, her people were there to make sure we were comfortable. I would HIGHLY recommend her 'Magic' services - she truly made our trip a special one!

Visited March 2012