Ways to Experience Reality Tours and Travel
from US$ 26.00
from US$ 159.00
from US$ 19.00
1,838 results
All reviews dharavi tour street food tour eye opening public transport tour community center village tour night tour slum life money goes a real eye opener slum dwellers excellent tour real india meeting point small group local transport answered all our questions
Reviewed 11 January 2015

Great walking tour, excellent guides, good insight into the life of people and business aspect of the slums. This company also seems to be doing a lot to help people acquire job/computer/life skills. Would highly recommend.

2  Thank Jo S
Reviewed 11 January 2015

I was very wary of taking this tour, anxious about it being voyeuristic and intrusive, but it was incredibly sensitively handled and I came away thinking the slight intrusiveness was well worth the good that RT&T are doing. Our guide was excellent, himself from a very poor background and a victim of Mumbai's housing crisis - his family were soon to be evicted from their fairly central block of flats to somewhere on the edge of the city.
Most of the Dharavi tour was through the industrial areas, appalling working conditions - very sobering to be reminded how much suffering is involved in provding us with all the junk we feel we need. We were rushed through the alleys of the residential parts so as not to intrude on people too much - it was a kind of hell, and yet there were no beggars and children emerged immaculately dressed in their school uniforms, walking to and from school quite safely and alone, and one felt nothing but awe struck admiration for the people who lived there.
I think my only negative feedback was that it was too cheap. I think they should double what they charge for adults who are earning like us, maybe still keeping the price low for young people. But this is a fantastic organistion.

2  Thank bhojan-yatri
Reviewed 9 January 2015

I did the slums tour in Mumbai. It was an intense experience, but worth it. You see the real Mumbai and our tour guide gave us a lot of explanations and had an answer to all our questions. We walked around the residential and industrial areas, so you really get to see their everyday life.
I also did the street food tour, a little pricey but I got to try food that I wouldn't have tried otherwise, and the company knows the vendors, so it knows that they are clean and that they use purified water. You can eat as much as you want (so make sure you are hungry!!) and they provide water. The price also includes transportation between the street vendors. I would do it again!!
The company gives back money to educating kids in the slums, so it just adds to the awesomeness of the company.

2  Thank Cassandra095
Reviewed 9 January 2015

My boyfriend and I had a very limited time in Mumbai and wanted to see as much as possible! Reality tours not only made this possible, but their amazing tour guides made it an unforgettable experience.

We took a half day Dharavi tour (I recommend going for a full day - I wish we had). It was fascinating, beautiful, moving and uplifting.

The following day we did the 6am bike tour which was super intense! It is NOT for beginer bike riders, but if you love a thrill and a little danger - go for it. We saw a lot of Mumbai that we would not have been able to see otherwise. Our tour guide was Suraj, he was awesome! Very informative and kept us safe.

That same evening with our same guide, Suraj, we did the yummy street food tour. I was hesitant at first, but SO HAPPY that we got to try so much amazing food. The street food, which is carefully selected by Reality Tours, was phenomenal. We even had some delicious ice cream from a shop over 100 years old! They sure got it right.

These tours, and their guides, have made me fall in love with India and I would love to come back again and take all their tours!

2  Thank Amber U
Reviewed 8 January 2015

After reading reviews. This tour company was my first choice. We booked a few days before we left for our Christmas trip. It was easy to book and all instructions were perfect.
There ended up being 4 of us on our transport tour and we had two amazing guides, Nilesh and Sunny.
We would have never have been able to have accomplished on our own, all the different modes of travel and visited the places we did on this tour. The guides were super informative and we certainly were their priority. It was excellent value for money.
We also booked a Dharavi tour with another rival company, just to have a different experience. They were no comparison to how good this tour company and guides were. Even though our guide had worked for them at one point.
If I was ever to return, I wouldn't hesitate in booking Reality tours again.

1  Thank scrapaholicBritGirl