Book In Advance
Tours from Reality Tours and Travel tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Reality Tours and Travel
from US$ 19.00
from US$ 13.00
from US$ 26.00
from US$ 14.50
1,837 results
All reviews dharavi tour street food tour eye opening public transport tour community center village tour night tour slum life money goes a real eye opener slum dwellers excellent tour real india meeting point small group local transport answered all our questions
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Thanks to our guide Daia for this incredible tour in the biggest slum in Mumbai. This is a tour you dont want to miss! You have not been in India before you been there. Remember to support the company

Stephanie H, CEO at Reality Tours and Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Wow! We're not sure we can stand up to the Taj Mahal, but are glad to hear you think so! :)

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Very glad that we did the Dharavi slum tour, which was very sensitively done and well led by Sunny, who really knew his stuff. It's worth doing the longer tour, to include transport from South Mumbai, and visits en route. Great value, and a very thought-provoking experience.

Thanks for the review! Sunny was happy to hear you enjoyed the tour and found him knowledgable.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I'm a female traveling alone and wanted a quick way to see Mumbai as I only had 2 nights here.

Found Reality tours from tripadvisor and decided to book the slum and sight seeing tour for a day.

Throughout the entire trip, I felt really safe!

I had Dinesh(guide) and Shiva(driver) for the day. They were excellent.
Dinesh spoke really good english and was very knowledgable about the history and culture of the slums and Mumbai in general.

I really enjoyed the slums tour as it open your eyes to a different kind of culture and way of life for the people in Mumbai. It's a pity that they have a very strict no photography policy within the slums, thus I couldn't get many pictures out of it!

Don't fret as they will get you to fill up a short survey which will enable you to download pictures of the slums from their database.

After the slums tour, the sight seeing tour starts. As I have seen some of the sights before in Mumbai, both Dinesh and Shiva was very accommodating and brought me to different places which i have never been before.

I didn't wanted lunch as I was too full from breakfast. However I got hungry just before we were heading back, so I asked Dinesh if he could bring me to an Indian restaurant where I could take away food to eat when I'm back at the hotel.

They immediately brought me to a nice restaurant and waited for me to take the food away before sending me back to the hotel.

The only thing is that for the slums and sight seeing tour, they only do private group bookings, thus as a lone traveller, I had to pay the entire fee for the group booking which was really quite costly.

At the end of the day, it was a great trip! I would recommend others booking with Reality tours!

TIP: wear covered shoes ( its gonna get dirty) and bring your own water!

1  Thank Debtng
Reviewed 29 January 2014

The Reality Dharavi slum tour was definitely one of the most unique and fascinating experiences I've had, not just in India but in my entire life. This tour allowed me to see how the massive operation that is Dharavi operates in an up-close, intimate (our group had just 4 people), respectful and informative way. My guide, Chetan, had tons of knowledge about Dharavi's past and present, could answer every question, and was funny too! Reality's philosophy and mission, the fact that 80% of their profits go to their charity Reality Gives, and the no-photos and small group policies ensure and demonstrate that you're visiting in an appropriate, giving-back type of way. Highly recommended to everyone.

I also did Reality's Street Food and Bike tours. Both were amazing and just as good as the slum tour. We tried so many interesting and incredibly delicious foods on the street food tour--sweet and savory, a huge range of flavors, and a wealth of information about both the foods and otherwise from our excellent guide Asim. Very highly recommended to anyone remotely interested in the food and cuisine of India, as I would never have tried or known to try these foods without Asim's guidance!

The bike tour was a very different and beautiful way to see Mumbai early in the morning. Seeing people sleeping and bathing on the streets, vendors getting ready to sell their produce and goods for the day, bakeries pulling out batches of hot bread from wood-burning ovens, the sunrise over the water by Taj Hotel, etc. The bike tour definitely gives you a unique, previously unseen perspective and view of Mumbai. My guide Manoj was equally hilarious and full of knowledge...a perfect mix of information and humor!

1  Thank gncohen
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Wow, what a day. Having read about Reality on Tripadvisor, we booked a full day tour of Dharavi plus the city sightseeing. Dinesh arrived at our hotel in his "Reality" shirt and was excellent, super friendly and young & enthusiastic about his city - really refreshing to see and hear. We had a great driver - and the two of them were clearly good friends! We had booked our tour on the day of the Mumbai Marathon (we only found out when we arrived!) so were slightly worried that roads would be closed etc. but Dinesh simply switched a few things round so we did a few sights before getting to Dharavi. We saw several markets, the fish market, flower market, some fine churches including the Jain temple - plus the Gandhi museum, the outside laundry and many other wonderful sights. Dharavi was just incredible. Throw away any pre-conceptions - we were just stunned by the place. Full of hard working people with very little in the way of possessions, everyone was busy busy and paying little attention to us tourists! the kids all just wanted to say Hi - there was no hassling at all. Dinesh pointed out all sorts of interesting facts, and gave us the real story behind the slums in Mumbai, a real eye-opener. We loved being the only two on the "tour", it made the experience much more personal and we felt like we got to know our guide too, chatting about life in Mumbai and what he loves about it!

A must do.