“Clean hotel close to airport”

Hotel Suba International
Ranked #39 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai
Frankfurt, Germany
“Clean hotel close to airport”
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Hotel suba was a perfect place to stay for 1 or 2 days. From arrival to departure it was a pleasure to stay here. A little out from the main activities in Mumbai, but if you want to be close to the airport this should be your choice. After a long day travelling I felt satisfied to enter the lovely room. Everthing was clean and fresh in the hotel. The bathroom was modern styled and very functional. The staff were in all situations very friendly and helpful. The breakfast service was good, but the variety limited in my opinion. The free internet wifi in the room was great and they had several movies to choose from as well as the usual tv channels. I definitely recommend the very comfortable stay and I will visit the hotel again if I return to mumbai.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Book in here when you come to Mumbai! This is my first review on Tripadvisor and I'm lounging on the sumptuous bed just before retiring for the evening feeling compelled to write..
I've stayed in many hotels and although this is rated a 4 star, I would rate this very high end 4 star for sure.
My flight was an hour late, but even so there was a wonderfully smart, crisp uniformed man waiting for me with a perfectly typed out sign with my name on outside of domestic arrivals. He showed me to a gorgeous, leather clad, air conditioned people carrier and offered me a bottle of water as soon as I sat down. The hotel is only a 10 minute drive from the main airport and is simply gorgeous! So clean, well designed and presented, with impeccably dressed and well mannered staff.. I just can't fault this place.
The room is beautiful. Not a scuff mark or ounce of dust anywhere, and the attention to detail is astounding. Everything in the room is even controlled with an ipod touch with an app called 'DigiValet' - aircon, lighting, tv, movies, audio.. the fact this place doesn't have a spa must be one of the few reasons it's not a 5 star.
Oh and, bizarrely, it doesn't serve alcohol. And all I wanted was a beer after my flight. However, there is a beer and wine store just seconds to the right of the hotel on the same side of the street and you can bring this back to your room. The room service perfect, though, and the food I had (just a simple stir fry veg) was the best I've ever had. This may sound like I'm easily pleased, but I'm not. I've just spent 3 months travelling round India and had some very basic experiences, but this really is fabulous.
Don't hesitate to book a room here!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank SimonW1976
Pune
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Aparth from the close proximity to the airport, the usp of Hotel Suba International is the i-Pod entry to the rooms and operation of controls which is a novelty. The rooms are quite spacious and the fittings up to standard. There is not much of a view since the hotel overlooks a busy suburb of the city.
The restaurant offers a complimentary breakfast in the room rate which is competitive and the chef had no problem in rustling up an whites-only omelette promptly. The room service was courteous and the food tasty and well presented.
There is a complimentary wi-fi thrown in as is the practice with most hotels in this range and it working efficiently.Rooms in the top floors are preferable. The mini-bar in the room was well stocked.
Since the hotel is in a busy area, getting transport is not a problem. Check out and Check in was speedily done and the staff was efficient and friendly.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2012

My wife and I chose this hotel because it's quite close to the airport. Even though we didn't request one, the hotel sent a shuttle to the airport...which we found out after we had arrived at the hotel in our taxi. We had no complaints about the staff, room, or food, though admittedly, we were there for less than 10 hours. The room was very nice, easily on par with any good North American hotel. The view from our room was of a slum, but what are you going to do? It's Mumbai after all. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 4 May 2012

We chose this hotel because of its close proximity to the airport. We arranged an airport transfer shuttle for 16:05 but no one fetched us. We ended up using a tuk-tuk. The hotel insisted the flight was only supposed to land at 17:00 whereas I have email proof that I said 16:05. Other than that hiccup the hotel is fine. Not a great area and very noisy but fine for one night if you need to be at the airport early. Rooms are clean and have lovely in-room entertainment. The food is average.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple