New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #8 of 429 Hotels in Mumbai
Mumbai, India
“Westin Mumbai.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

Went there with my family on my birthday and was disappointed with the food that was being served and the service that was offered. There were very few associates to look after the guests and we had to raise a flag to get a service which was not expected out of such a brand that is so global.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bali3186
TheWestinMumbai, General Manager at The Westin Mumbai Garden City, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback. I hope you can accept my sincere apologies for the challenges you encountered in our hotel. Please be assured that the feedback is being looked into and appropriate action taken to prevent any guests being similarly inconvenienced in the future. I am hoping you will return, so we can convey to you that your experiences are not our usual standard. We look forward to your return visit to experience an uplifting experience with us at The Westin Mumbai Garden City!
Lance Ourednik
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012 via mobile

This is o doubt one of the best properties in Mumbai. City view from 32nd floor is awsome and rooms are spacious with all amenities in bathroom. Hospitality of staff is admirable. My first experience of veg food was not good few months back but the same has been improved now. Although bit expensive but Excellent place to stay.

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
TheWestinMumbai, General Manager at The Westin Mumbai Garden City, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for your patronage to our hotel and for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We truly value your feedback and shall surely share your kind words with the entire team. Our team prides itself on the experience we create for our guests and will be happy to hear that they have managed to meet your every need. We are particularly delighted to read that your experience of the vegetarian options was much improved from your previous stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

Without doubt this is as good as (if not better than) any hotel I have ever stayed at be it for business or pleasure. The staff are efficient, prompt, courteous, and very professional. I was amazed by the size of my room (not a suite or anything like that) and its facilities including a massive TV complemented by a DVD player. I only ate in the Seasonal Tastes restaurant but was blown away by the sheer choice available on the buffet, all of it (that I was able to eat) was delicious.

My only gripe would be about the prices of the drinks. A small bottle of beer was around £5 in the bar, and that was for a domestic one, a HUGE mark up. It was further annoying to find that all prices (bar, room, food, transport) were ex-Tax, further increasing the cost.

One thing I particularly liked was the house-keeping opt out. You don't need clean towels after every use.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheWestinMumbai, General Manager at The Westin Mumbai Garden City, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Our team is delighted to hear that you enjoyed our facility and services, especially the comfort of the room as well as the dining experience at Seasonal Tastes. We look forward to your return visit so you may have the opportunity to experience our other Food and Beverage venues Kangan, Prego and Splash. I appreciate your comments with regards to the price of beverages and take them on board. We regularly review our pricing scales to ensure we are aligned with competitors. The response for the ‘Make a Green Choice’ program has been extremely positive. Many guests like yourself have opted for make a green choice. This shows that communities care and are happy to contribute in preserving the planet.
Faridabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

My trysts with Westin started with my first visit to Kuala Lumpur where I fell in love with the hotels. The Westin really provides great upscale service and quality and lives up to its global reputation - at least in my books.
The team at Mumbai were most attentive and helpful and quite honestly one of the best that I have encountered in my visits. The rooms are large and luxurious and the Heavenly Bed do live up to their name. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Mumbai for work or just plain fun!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest
We are very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and we would like to thank you for letting us know how impressed you were with the service you received. It was delightful to read that you enjoyed our services and overall stay experience particularly the comfort of the Heavenly Bed. Team Westin looks forward to welcoming you back for many more enriching moments.
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

It was important day for me and i was very nervous for my presentation and I was already late. But staff of seasonal taste made my day giving outstanding service specially Barbara with her professional attitude and her quick service me for breakfast. Thanks to her and Westin chefs who trying to make Westin a outstanding brand by there Hardwork and dedication. My presentation was good n thanks to westin for it. The best part of westin is the amazing view from 18th floor its worth.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business