The Westin Mumbai Garden City
US$ 94
US$ 146
US$ 131
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Le Grande(Mumbai)(Great Value!)
US$ 56
US$ 48
US$ 109
US$ 106
2,429 results
All reviewspregoseasonal tastesheavenly bedwestern express highwayfront officeindian restaurantexcellent hotelexcellent staybusiness tripspecial thanksrooms are spaciousmumbai trafficgreat hospitalityenjoyed my staybreakfast spreadspecial mentionhome away from home
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I travel 150 days/year and stay in 4-5-star hotels the world over. And almost NEVER does the hotel ask me to help them fine tune my stay when I check in as the Westin Mumbai did. It just got better from there. The room is stunning...easily one of the best in recent memory. The food is incredible. And most importantly, the entire staff is genuinely interested in ensuring I have a great experience that's how I want it. I have a new fav in Bombay,

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
TheWestinMumbai, General Manager at The Westin Mumbai Garden City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2012

Thank you for your patronage to our hotel and for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We truly value your feedback and shall surely share your kind words with the entire team. Our team prides itself on the experience we create for our guests and will be happy to hear that they have managed to meet your every need.

Reviewed 25 May 2012

After finding many good hotels in the world it is wonderful to come across an exceptional hotel. great service, fantastic kids slide next to a
picture perfect pool. Although mostly Indian food is served the kitchen goes out of the way to prepare all dishes. The Italian restaurant is delicious. The breakfast buffet is to die for. The spa is one of the best i have experienced. They give a full 60 min, the girls are experienced and most important they report good treatment and decent pay from the hotel. This brings good energy for everyone. I would come back anytime .

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Our team is delighted to hear that you enjoyed our facility and services, especially the kid’s pool, our Heavenly Spa as well as the dining experience at Prego and breakfast buffet selection at Seasonal Tastes. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Mumbai Garden City in the near future.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

Rest and rejuvenation,after I got there! But read below the experience with Starwood central bookings!
The reception of the front desk and concierge with the infused fruit water drink while you check in just a delightful touch..Smooth and quick process so many smiles they are all happy in their work I had the 29 floor executive suite.
What a joy for the senses, the room was visually stunning with Heavenly Bed & Bath,The food at Seasonal Tastes on 18th floor and service 5-star all the way. I did not want to leave. I had just spent the last month with my guests touring India with my company RoamwithOm in Ashrams and Himalayas and this hotel was as the say a materialized palace to satisfy your desire. Westin delivered and Divine Mother is everywhere!

As with all things here is the duality of Maya!
It was a central booking good/bad experience. I used my Starwood points to book this hotel through Starwood central bookings. Half points and half cash. The first agent said no availability, and I had to choose another property from starwood. I was disappointed but that little voice said call back. I did, and the new agent said it was available! Very strange events, how some agents love their job and others bring down the whole organization. I was thrilled to get my date but i was charged for cancelling,other hotel booking even though I made the reservation 2 minutes ago due to hotel check in 48 hr policy.I am correcting that whole ordeal with Central booking management since its first agent problem!

Try this Westin Garden City Bombay hotel, it is blessed!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for your patronage to our hotel. We appreciate you spending the time to share your experiences with us and shall surely share your kind words with the team. We pride ourselves in offering a personal and instinctive service, and a sensory – rich environment that evokes a feeling of tranquility and well-being, nourishing your soul within a bustling city like Mumbai. I am however sorry to learn of your concerns with regards to Central Reservations and at the outset would like to offer my sincere apologies for the disappointment you have expressed. Please be assured that I have personally shared your feedback with Central Reservations team so we can work on taking appropriate action to prevent any guests being similarly inconvenienced in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Mumbai Garden City in the near future.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

Great rooms! great breakfast buffet! most comfortable bed that I have sleep in hotels.

Room size is very generous with two LARGE beds (for double rooms).

Location is very convenient especially if you are attending a trade fair at NEC complex nearby. Its also walking distance to the Oberoi Mall (a rare case for Mumbai 5stars hotel!) where you can find decent shopping and nice restaurants.

The hotel dinning options are good, but not great. If you are staying for more than 2 nights, It could be boring.

The only complaint may be the slow elevator service especially rush hours.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

We are pleased to hear of your experiences from your recent visit with us and delighted you found your stay uplifting. We aim to send the guest home feeling better than when they first arrived. During your next visit please feel free to contact our food and beverage team for any culinary preferences and we will do our best to accommodate your requirements. We thank you for your understanding and appreciate you taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

I landed up at the Westin primarily because the location suited me, though the budget was a little bit of a stretch for me, since this was a personal trip and not company financed.

Started on a not so good note. I reached at 4 pm with a meeting scheduled at 5 pm and thought check in should not take too much time coz I had booked online in advance. But was surprised, the reception had no clue about my reservation, had to fish out my confirmation No, then show them the confirmation email on my mobile and then sit around for another 10 mins or so before they sorted out the "technical error"...which meant I spent about 20 mins or more to get in.
It wasn't bad, but it was a waste of a time, and well....started off on a not so good note...as I said before.
Frankly I prefer hotels like the Taj where they don't even bother with your check in at the reception, they do all that stuff in your room after taking you straight up....makes you feel so much more better that way....then to have to fight your way up to a room!

Notwithstanding, the room was lovely. I'd initially booked in for a night, coz of the cost, but when I saw the room I immediately requested them to extend my stay by a day, which they willingly obliged.

The signature heavenly bed was just that.....heavenly.
The view from the room was heavenly.
The spic and span toilets were heavenly
the heavenly rain shower was heavenly
the service was heavenly

most of the time

there was a slight glitch which I didn't like at the end of my stay
had requested for someone to wash my car, which the service people said would be done provided I pay a small amount for it, which I agreed to
but when I checked out
it hadn't been done

checkout and getting my car from the parking area took another half an hour....

so again that would go as a con
maybe its to be expected
and maybe my expectations were higher

other things

the bar is quite a joke
a dog and a barman for company is all you can expect if you want to have a drink out there
and the costs are exorbitant
better to hit some place outside of the hotel

the prices for food....
yeah, I know, its comparative to other five star hotels etc etc

but its a tad too high....frankly
for even basic things like a paratha or a roti or a sandwich

when I booked online there was no mention that the room rates did not include breakfast
was unpleasantly told that was the case
and though I asked the reception to re-check, they didn't bother to get back to me either

hmmm, what else?
read about the problems with the lifts
its true
if you are unlucky
and I guess you are doomed to experience it at least once in a two day stay
like I did
takes ages at times
and then the fancy cards don't work at other times

So, in the end I think I have ended up criticizing things more than appreciating them

but somehow at the end of my stay, I wasn't feeling unhappy
probably the room and its facilities makes up for it all

so I hope they maintain that part of things at least....the saving grace
and the room service too I must reiterate was great

I started off by clicking on four dots initially, but after writing this review have ended up reducing it to three dots.

Maybe its just too large a hotel with too many guests to be a little more personalised and less business like

but hey,
sometimes business-like is a boon

Not bad.....in the end!

Room Tip: My room overlooked the Western Express Highway....I loved it!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for your very comprehensive review of your visit to the hotel. Our team is delighted to hear that you enjoyed our facility and services, especially the comfort of the room, our signature facilities and the comfort of the Heavenly Bed. I am sorry to learn of your concerns during your recent stay and at the outset would like to offer my sincere apologies for the disappointment you have expressed. Our team truly prides itself on being able to provide a home away from home to our patrons. It is therefore extremely disappointing to have let you down on this occasion. Please be assured that I have personally shared your feedback with our training team so we can work on taking appropriate action to prevent any guests being similarly inconvenienced in the future. We truly value your business and hope you will give us the opportunity to host you once again at our hotel and make your experience a rejuvenating one. Please do reach out to me directly prior to your next visit.