“Nice Hotel with Average Service”

The Westin Mumbai Garden City
Ranked #6 of 444 Hotels in Mumbai
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice Hotel with Average Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

The property is relatively near to the airport which is a good thing. Rooms and interior of the hotel are well decorated and cosy! The front desk and reservation staffs aren't as great as we thought. There were lots of miscommunication from the beginning of my queries to the reservations team. Upon check in, some of the Front Desk staffs are not as friendly and so ... ... Our room rates were split into two different rates. One of the rate entitles to SPG rewards but we were not credited with any SPG points. At most of the other Westin or Starwood properties, we have never encountered such attitude and outcome.

The service from the Spa and Seasonal Taste Restaurant were excellent. The property is also near the mall which is really convenient to shop or dine. Our room has got a nice view and the housekeeper was great. Our hotel airport car transfer was also very prompt and efficient. However, it is very far from the south Mumbai and Navi Mumbai.

If it is not because of the reservation team and front desk, I would rate this property perfect.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
TheWestinMumbai, General Manager at The Westin Mumbai Garden City, responded to this review, 1 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and am glad that you enjoyed it for the most part. I appreciate your comments and take them on board particularly with regard to the service issues you raised in relation to the Front Desk and Reservations teams. We shall have our SPG Champion look into the queries you have raised. We truly value your business and hope you will give us the opportunity to host you once again at our hotel and make your experience a rejuvenating one. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Mumbai Garden City in the near future.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012 via mobile

I travel 150 days/year and stay in 4-5-star hotels the world over. And almost NEVER does the hotel ask me to help them fine tune my stay when I check in as the Westin Mumbai did. It just got better from there. The room is stunning...easily one of the best in recent memory. The food is incredible. And most importantly, the entire staff is genuinely interested in ensuring I have a great experience that's how I want it. I have a new fav in Bombay,

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your patronage to our hotel and for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We truly value your feedback and shall surely share your kind words with the entire team. Our team prides itself on the experience we create for our guests and will be happy to hear that they have managed to meet your every need.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

After finding many good hotels in the world it is wonderful to come across an exceptional hotel. great service, fantastic kids slide next to a
picture perfect pool. Although mostly Indian food is served the kitchen goes out of the way to prepare all dishes. The Italian restaurant is delicious. The breakfast buffet is to die for. The spa is one of the best i have experienced. They give a full 60 min, the girls are experienced and most important they report good treatment and decent pay from the hotel. This brings good energy for everyone. I would come back anytime .

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Our team is delighted to hear that you enjoyed our facility and services, especially the kid’s pool, our Heavenly Spa as well as the dining experience at Prego and breakfast buffet selection at Seasonal Tastes. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Mumbai Garden City in the near future.
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

Rest and rejuvenation,after I got there! But read below the experience with Starwood central bookings!
The reception of the front desk and concierge with the infused fruit water drink while you check in just a delightful touch..Smooth and quick process so many smiles they are all happy in their work I had the 29 floor executive suite.
What a joy for the senses, the room was visually stunning with Heavenly Bed & Bath,The food at Seasonal Tastes on 18th floor and service 5-star all the way. I did not want to leave. I had just spent the last month with my guests touring India with my company RoamwithOm in Ashrams and Himalayas and this hotel was as the say a materialized palace to satisfy your desire. Westin delivered and Divine Mother is everywhere!

As with all things here is the duality of Maya!
It was a central booking good/bad experience. I used my Starwood points to book this hotel through Starwood central bookings. Half points and half cash. The first agent said no availability, and I had to choose another property from starwood. I was disappointed but that little voice said call back. I did, and the new agent said it was available! Very strange events, how some agents love their job and others bring down the whole organization. I was thrilled to get my date but i was charged for cancelling,other hotel booking even though I made the reservation 2 minutes ago due to hotel check in 48 hr policy.I am correcting that whole ordeal with Central booking management since its first agent problem!

Try this Westin Garden City Bombay hotel, it is blessed!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Thank you for your patronage to our hotel. We appreciate you spending the time to share your experiences with us and shall surely share your kind words with the team. We pride ourselves in offering a personal and instinctive service, and a sensory – rich environment that evokes a feeling of tranquility and well-being, nourishing your soul within a bustling city like Mumbai. I am however sorry to learn of your concerns with regards to Central Reservations and at the outset would like to offer my sincere apologies for the disappointment you have expressed. Please be assured that I have personally shared your feedback with Central Reservations team so we can work on taking appropriate action to prevent any guests being similarly inconvenienced in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Mumbai Garden City in the near future.
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

Great rooms! great breakfast buffet! most comfortable bed that I have sleep in hotels.

Room size is very generous with two LARGE beds (for double rooms).

Location is very convenient especially if you are attending a trade fair at NEC complex nearby. Its also walking distance to the Oberoi Mall (a rare case for Mumbai 5stars hotel!) where you can find decent shopping and nice restaurants.

The hotel dinning options are good, but not great. If you are staying for more than 2 nights, It could be boring.

The only complaint may be the slow elevator service especially rush hours.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
We are pleased to hear of your experiences from your recent visit with us and delighted you found your stay uplifting. We aim to send the guest home feeling better than when they first arrived. During your next visit please feel free to contact our food and beverage team for any culinary preferences and we will do our best to accommodate your requirements. We thank you for your understanding and appreciate you taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention.