“Caring Staff & Amazing food”

The Westin Mumbai Garden City
Ranked #5 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“Caring Staff & Amazing food”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I visited Seasonal taste last month for a dinner as a couple, it was on the 18th floor and the night time view of the city was really awesome.
We decided to try the buffet and I fell in love with the Asian counter.
The evening was made even better because of the great service, special thanks to Mr Tauro for his suggestions on the food :)
It is the ideal place if you are looking for a quite and peaceful experience....
Will try the breakfast soon :) :)
Thank you Staff for a special evening

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
TheWestinMumbai, General Manager at The Westin Mumbai Garden City, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Our team is delighted to hear that you enjoyed our facility and services, especially the dining experience at Seasonal Taste. We look forward to your return visit so you may have the opportunity to experience our other Food and Beverage venues Kangan, Prego and Splash.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Lisbon
Reviewed 24 April 2012

The hotel is a good business oriented hotel without the social movement in the lobby which many hotels in Mumbai have. The breakfast room on the 18th floor has a great view and the assortment is very good.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
TheWestinMumbai, General Manager at The Westin Mumbai Garden City, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Our team is delighted to hear that you enjoyed our facility and services, especially the elaborate breakfast selection at Seasonal Tastes. We look forward to your return visit!
Calgary
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I've been to over 15 countries and stayed at hotels and never had security issues til this hotel. Multiple items were stolen from our room and the great service we had until then suddenly meant nothing. To top it off the hotel's response to the theft was pathetic and unacceptable! If you are ever there be sure to lock up anything of value or use the safe!

Room Tip: Great room but don't stay close to the elevator since the walls are too thin.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Suja G
TheWestinMumbai, General Manager at The Westin Mumbai Garden City, responded to this review, 15 March 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback. I hope you can accept my sincere apologies for the challenges you encountered in our hotel. Please be assured that guest safety and security is of paramount importance and this issue will not be taken lightly. Please be assured that the feedback is being looked into and appropriate action taken. I am hoping you will return, so we can convey to you that your experiences are not our usual standard. We look forward to your return visit to experience an uplifting experience with us at The Westin Mumbai Garden City!
Be well
Lance Ourednik
Lanai City, Hawaii
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I am an avid traveller from Canada of Indian descent and stayed at the Westin Mumbai from April 7th to April 14th. I was traveling with my sister and mother, we were in Mumbai to attend a family wedding. Although there is much security at the hotel including armed guards at the gates who check each vehicle entering the premises, baggage screening and security checks just like the airport please do not be fooled by this hotel. It is very posh looking and modern but it is NOT safe. I have travelled to over 25 countries and have never been robbed before in my hotel room. In order to get into a hotel room, a person would have to get past security in the lobby, get into one of 3 elevators requiring a key card and then enter the locked room. I am certain my eyeglasses, 1300 R and $400 US was stolen by hotel staff. As these items were securely kept in our room. When I approached hotel staff I was basically laughed at. Security did an 'investigation' which supposedly involved checking hotel camera footage and checking who accessed our room. In the end they told me lots of staff had entered our room and that it was probably one of my family members who we had invited up to see our room. The head of security is an arrogant chauvinistic pig! He mocked me for being a independent women who was bold enough to travel to Indian without a male companion. He also refused to give me any documentation of the investigation taking place. He stated security still hadn't decided if a robbery had really taken place. When I asked to speak to the manager of the hotel, they sent over the manager of food and drinks.The Manger of food and drinks had assured me a report would be e-mailed to me within 3 days. I spent over 91000R at this hotel, I could have stayed at the Taj Place or Leela but I chose the Westin because I am a spg member. It has been over a week and I have not received any response from the awful hotel. He too dared me to contact Westin's head office about this robbery. He said they would not care.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Shantha100
Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback. I hope you can accept my sincere apologies for the challenges you encountered in our hotel. Please be assured that guest safety and security is of paramount importance and this issue will not be taken lightly. The feedback is being looked into and appropriate action taken. I am hoping you will return, so we can convey to you that your experiences are not our usual standard. We look forward to your return visit to experience an uplifting experience with us at The Westin Mumbai Garden City!
Be well
Lance Ourednik
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Another good stay at Westin, have stayed approx more then 25 nights at this hotel over the past 12 months (SPG Gold member).
This time stayed 1 night on my way to Dubai, then again 1 night flying back to Australia.

-The stay on my way to Dubai was fantastic, the airline lost our bags in Singapore on our way to mumbai, as soon as we got to the hotel they had already organised T-Shirts, extra soaps.etc as the westin driver phoned ahead to reception and even followed up with our airline on the status of our bags all whilst we were sleeping, thank you for the great service during a stressful time. :)

-2nd stay on the way back was booked at last minute, 4-5 hours notice, however when entering the room it seems it was only set up for 1 person despite being a 2 person booking, and no fruit bowl in the room.. little disappointing that the room wasn't prepared properly for our stay, I understand that we did only book online 4-5 hours before the stay but still that is enough time to put another towel and a bowl of fruit in the room. Nothing major but attention to detail is key.

Thank you for another great stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
TheWestinMumbai, General Manager at The Westin Mumbai Garden City, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Thank you for your patronage to our hotel and for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We truly value your feedback and shall surely share your kind words with the entire team. Our team prides itself on the experience we create for our guests and will be happy to hear that they have managed to meet your every need and were able to assist in making your stay comfortable whilst your luggage was being located with the airline. Please be assured that the feedback pertaining to the service issues for your second stay is being looked into and appropriate action taken to prevent any guests being similarly inconvenienced in the future. We look forward to your return visit!