“Good Hotel to stay for 2-3 days”

Hotel Landmark Fort
Ranked #272 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai
New Delhi, India
“Good Hotel to stay for 2-3 days”
Reviewed 2 November 2010

I reached Mumbai in the night at the International airport and it took me around Rs 350 to reach the hotel. At night everyone was asleep with doors of the hotel closed but the taxi guy helped me in waking up the receptionist sleeping in the lobby, i can imagine may be after hard days work he might be tired. I had a prior booking so they had my room ready. The room looked recently re furbished and had a nice decor with a nice LCD Tv thouch the washroom was smaller than my expectation but nonetheless had all the functionality + amenities. At Rs3000 per night it was moderately priced given the location it was in near to CST, Gateway of India. There is a nice small room ( they call restaurant) for buffet. Breakfast was nice and the 2 guys standing there gave a good service and chef was always happy to make nice Dosa and omlettes for us. The only downside i could see for this place would be its too close to the road so early in the morning you can hear a little bit of noise from there. But else everything was extremely good.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank rock12316
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Mumbai, India
Reviewed 12 October 2010

The hotel is conveniently located next to Victoria Station in Fort. The rooms are rather simple and a bit outdated but the impeccable and smiling service at the hotel compensates for these defects.
Would recommend for a few days in the capital.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank crazy_biker_gp
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 7 August 2010

In mumbai, this was nearby to the place I had to visit, hence opted to stay here based on my prior experience with the landmark group hotels. What it turned out to be was different from what I had expected. The rooms were not very clean. Thankfully the Bathroom was better!! The staff were courteous and helpful. Had a slight issue with the AC, which was making more noise than we were! Overall, it is ok, if you are fine with the high tariff.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank travelforfun52
England
Reviewed 26 May 2010

Dirty Dirty Dirty.

We arrived at 6:30am, tired after a long process in the airport and then with the taxi. The hotel seemed ok from the front and then we were hit with the 24hr notice straight off. Check in 6:30am...check out 6:30am...who the hell does that? Anyway, escorted to our room by 3 bel boys...all wanting tips..even though I fighted to carry my own bag.

The room was ridiculously bad. This was our 6mth from home and we had stayed in the some dives but this was the icing on the cake! Dirty sheets, bathroom and a rat. Slept in my sleep in sheet till 12 noon and decided to have a cup of tea to cheer myself up. I'm lucky I only had 1 sip because it wasnt tea....and I had to pay for it.

Nevertheless we decided to check out and find somewhere else. Now if you are reading this you know how hard it is to find a good review in Mumbai for a hotel in the £30-£40 mark (still expensive for backpacking). We found the City Palace around the corner was adequate...and CLEAN (see my other review).

Anways....sting in the tail on this hotel from hell was the luxury tax....luxury my bum. Luxury would have been a shanty house down the road compared to this dive.

Also good tip - if you are staying for longer than 3 days...ask the hotel to knock some money off- they usually drop the tax.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Mumbai hotels

Bangalore
Reviewed 20 January 2010

Been to Mumbai to take part in Half Marathon, and this place was closer to the event. What I liked about the hotel was the bedsheets were clean, ironed , there was hot water ,and a refrigerator .

On the flip side, TV was not working properly , but it did not matter to me since I wanted to stay just for a night. Secondly the there was no proper outlet for water from shower / bath.

It is very close to CST railways station or docks. Also in case one is looking for a place to stay closer to Mumbai's commercial area at a cheap rate, this would be an ideal choice.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo