“Hotel close to Airport”

Ranked #34 of 444 Hotels in Mumbai
Chennai, India
“Hotel close to Airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

I chose this hotel because I had an early morning flight and this was the closest one to the Airport. They picked me up from the Domestic Airport and did a drop to the International Airport. The room was clean, comfortable and the service was good. You do not have any great view from the rooms though. The food was good but over priced and there is nothing else close by to go. I will return back to this hotel if I do not find better alternatives that are in similar proximity to this one.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
New York City, New York
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,129 helpful votes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

This was my 6th stay in the past 2 years, and consistent with my earlier reviews, the hotel hs now settled down to a predictable level of comfort, service and functionality with genuine warmth and hospitality. Yet, this will be the last time I will be staying here. And this is in spite of the fact that this is the only Holiday Inn in the world I have staye din that recognizes my Platinum status and gives me appropriate benefits. So why will I never stay here again?

Well, if you read my earlier reviews you will get the answer. This time I was self driving from Pune and that is even more worse than being driven in the hotel car from the airport, because when I am being driven I can close my eyes and keep them shut until I am well in the hotel premises, but I cannot do that when I am driving! There is absolutely NO road or access into the hotel entrance. I was really fortunate that I managed not to drive over any human being, animals, bicycles, autos, buses, cars, stones, boulders, pipes, potholes, construction material, garbage and debris. But I think I must have because when I finally drove into the garage (another story!), I could not recognize my car. I quickly tried to find my way from the garage to the lobby. Well there is no access! I had to lug my bags all the way up the ramp and onto the driveway and then into the lobby! Well before the responding person tells me about valet service, let me tell him that I had a brand new Corolla and there was no way I was going to entrust that to a valet.

So this is it for me, sayonara for this fine hotel, all because it chose to plant itself in this worst of worst locations in this god forsaken, condemned city of Bombay. I have since discovered Ibis near Bombay domestic airport, and while it is not at teh same level as the Holiday Inn, for the price and location, I will take it any time. I urge my fellow traveler to do the same.

Nice knowing you Holiday Inn!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ZenHealer7
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

Only Problem : Internet should be complimentary to all. These days it does not cost much to offer this free. To a business traveller, it may become one of the major factor to decide against it.

Otherwise, This hotel is known for its hospitality. Nice rooms, pleasent stay, closeness to local market to help you with daily personal needs.Stayed there for 3 days.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
HolidayInnMumbai, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, 29 December 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are glad to note that you've had a comfortable stay at the Holiday Inn Mumbai. We value your suggestion in regards to offering free internet services however please note that we do offer free internet services to all our guests who book the executive room category.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards
Oppenheimer Pinto e Fernandez
Kuwait City, Kuwait
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

Stayed for 3 nights.. everything from the airport pickup to checkout was perfect. I loved the rooms, spacious and clean. The internet is fantastic. Its located in the hub of Mumbai city. To get a rick or cab is just fine. I do recommend trying out their morning buffet, I have honestly not seen so many varieties of breakfast choices (even miso soup in the morning). The staff are friendly and very helpful. Great Hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Anita L
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are glad to note that you've had a comfortable stay at the Holiday Inn Mumbai. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Mumbai.

Best regards
Oppenheimer Pinto e Fernandez
Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

The holiday inn Mumbai airport is located close to the international terminal. The room I got was large and pleasant, and I was pleased overall.

My only comment is that the hotel has only one restaurant so you do not have much choice in the evening.

Recommended