I and my friends had been planning a 3 day weekend getaway for sometime and were recommended this resort by a friend. Now, I've traveled before and been disappointed many times so I didn't have raised expectations. But when we got down to the resort, I was in for a surprise.
1. Travel: The drive from Bhayandar to Pali is a long smooth stretch, full of green. It feels like you're so much closer to nature and you end up reaching relaxed.
2. Staff: When we reached, we were greeted, not as I expected...cooly but very cordially by the receptionist and the staff. We were immediately given our rooms and were told exactly what was what. Each of our queries were addressed to patiently and with equal importance though there were many customers coming and going.
3. Rooms: The rooms were spacious, airy, clean and gave the feeling of a home away from home. I especially liked the energy-efficient lights, the good quality water and the fridge set inconspicuously behind a wooden almirah.
4. Food: We ordered food. We were a party of 2 veg and 2 non-veg people so we ordered items of both types. The menu had a lot of variety and we decided to try out various dishes. On all the occasions, the food came promptly, tasted delicious and we were well satiated.
Another thing worth mentioning is that in case of a lunch buffet, it is strategically located near the pool (good for a hungry group like us!)
5. Amenities: The pool water was clean as though freshly changed everyday. We tried the slides as well as danced under the mushroom dance (plenty of fun). The presence of a tough looking life-gaurd was also reassuring for someone like me who doesen't know swimming.
For people bringing their kids along, we saw that the resort had thoughtfully planned a smaller swimming pool and we saw the young ones having fun too.
Later in the afternoon, we relaxed in the shade of the thatched roof structures setup outside the restaurant. The resort had all the selection of drinks that we normally order.
We also enjoyed going up and down in the toy-train, allowing the track to take us to a side of the resort, seldom explored.
Later, we fed the geese (yes! we saw more than 20 of those birds roaming around as tamely as pets!) and a goose snatching bread from my hand and running away when I was turning was a hilarious experience for me and my friends.
6. Ambience: With green all around, punctuated colourfully by flags and banners and painted swings, I concluded that the resort is ideal for everyone- from a group of friends wanting to have a good time, to a couple wanting a romantic getaway, to an extended family with a mixture of kids, teens and adults.
I definitely would be going back there again, probably to celebrate New Year's!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Mumbai Resort is a well known beach facing property with A/C rooms of various types, sizes & budgets, frequented by families, corporate, one day picnic groups and couples too. Right opposite the beach, and with a few nice spots worth visiting, surrounding it, this resort with all modern amenities provided, is an ideal choice for nature lovers and comfort-seekers too. Most guests often become frequent loyal customers. Room guests pay room rates INCLUSIVE of taxes and also get COMPLIMENTARY Tea/Coffee, Mineral Water, Pop-corn, Candy-floss, Ice-Gola and access to the Mini Water-park. Offering all of this and with a focus on customer service, it is not hard to understand why they have received dozens of favorable reviews online and thousands of repeat customers. You should visit at least once. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Yatra, Booking.com, Agoda, MakeMyTrip and TravelGuru so you can book your Pali Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pali Beach Hotel Mumbai (Bombay)