See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 February 2016

We went to get away from the hectic mumbai life and it was an amazing change. The location is very convenient and the property is extremely well maintained. The rooms are nice and the food is also good. We had a fun time right in the hotel itself and didn't feel the need to go out a lot. It's a good weekend getaway if you want to escape corporate mumbai for a few days.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
4  Thank Shashank1701
Reviewed 24 January 2016

FONSECA’S BEACH RESORT is one of the most conveniently located resort on Gorai beach.It is not only bang on the beach front but is also walkable distance from the rickshaw stand, bus stop, market etc. It has breath taking view of the Arabian Sea and also a picturesque Sunset view. Gorai beach is not only famous for its proximity to the city and the suburbs but also for its safety, as the entire beach which spans about 2.5 km. in length is like a cricket ground, and hence it is one of the Best Beaches to swims, unlike neighbouring beaches which are either rocky or have quick sand.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank shubs_ngs
Reviewed 22 January 2016

I reside in USA and was coming with my family to Mumbai after 3 years and was looking forward for a family get together. When i inquired with my friends who has visited India last year, they suggested that the best and nearest destination was this resort in Gorai. So i requested my bro in law to checkout this place personally as we were a large group of around 40 ppl and wanted everyone under one spot. He visited the place and told me that this is a spacious place and we all can accommodate under one block of 4 ACs and 4 Non AC rooms at budgeted price, it was little doubtful with me as i wasnt sure about this place still told him to pay the minimum advance and book it. When we arrived at the resort it brought me fond memories of my college days in Gorai. It was such a huge space with well maintained greenery around and facing right in front of Gorai Beach, was just amazing.

We enjoyed our evening with drinks along with guitars and mini drums with a melody singing session till late night. The entire resort was well lit at night. Rooms were clean and tidy and buffet was set as per our menu. it was a complete family experience and a perfect get together plus some positive praises for this ideal resort as well from our guests.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
6  Thank touristhotspot
Reviewed 8 December 2015

I have been to Gorai with my Family and Friends on several occassions and have stayed at many resorts in and around Gorai but somehow we never got a booking at Fonseca's as ours was always a last minute decision and so on our next trip we decided to book in advance and managed to get a Sea Facing villa on the first floor. As soon as we entered the room the first thing we noticed was the evening sunset from the balcony..... just amazing. Rooms were clean and spacious. The exteriors were also clean and well maintained and glows up at night with lightings all over. The food was excellent especially their fonseca's prawn chilly fry... it was made of some local spices which tasted yummm.... Staff was polite and obliging also bit strict with their rules... Music was allowed till 10pm on full volume, then on request they allowed us to enjoy further on low volume. Overall it was a wonderful experience and value for money.

Room Tip: Sea Facing Villa Rooms, Big Spacious Property, Indoor Swimming Pool, Delicious Food
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
10  Thank ronz007
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I visited it on 1-2 Feb, 2014,
i always prefer pixcy sea resort, but that day no rooms were available there and i had to chose fonsecas...
It was such a horrible, irritating annoying experience there. It is not safe for only girls group, the place is full of cheap bogus crowd, no security there, anything can happen with you.
I went there with my friend (we both girls), we faced so much embarassing moments, as few boys started starring, commenting and teasing us...continously..we wanted to seat at the garden area n listen to the wave sounds but unfortunatly those bloody drunk guys ruined our fun..we had to go back to room to avoid them, they followed us there and when we were seating in balcony, they kept on irritating us.
Even a group of old people - all gents double of our age behaved so indecently ,
could not sleep whole night, next day complained the same thing to Mr Ryn, the owner, he acted as if he is sorry to know, and said all these boys are regular customers and nobody ever complained against them...
so the conclusion is - its a place where girls are not safe if they go alone, or even with male partner, coz these regular customer will be there to irritate you always.

Solution:
girls you chose a better place - safe place - like pixcy, the tourist, n other resorts nearby,
and keep yourself alert always, have fun ...you have every right to move freely on your own..

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends