“Great service and very plush, modern rooms”

Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai
Ranked #8 of 446 Hotels in Mumbai
Hong Kong, China
“Great service and very plush, modern rooms”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I stayed at the hotel for a conference in March 2012. It is primarily a business hotel, with a minimalist lobby without any lounge singers, etc, just a sculpture, a few chairs and a shop, with the front desk off to the left and the main restaurant to the right. That being said, even though I arrived late in the evening, I was greeted by a warm and welcoming person at the front desk. I quickly got my room key and was delighted to see how nice the room was, with separate bath and shower areas, nice toiletries and most importantly, a beautiful and comfortable bed, into which I sank immediately into sweet oblivion.

I was most impressed by the service at the breakfast - it was an amazing spread, and when I remarked on how delicious the local figs were to a chef, she asked immediately without hesitation whether I would like a kilo to be sent to my room. I had dhosai made to order as well as pau bhaji - I was in heaven as a non-Indian that had always admired the food.

The service and the food served during the conference was also delicious - my only slight letdown was actually the food at the fine dining Indian restaurant, Maya, which I thought was alright, but which did not blow me away like the many other meals at the hotel. I would definitely stay here again if I stayed for business, and the BKC location is great.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Public_Dave
BandraKurla-Trident, General Manager at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for posting your review about your experience at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai.

I am glad to note that you enjoyed the food and services of the hotel.

Whenever you are with us again, I urge you to give our Indian restaurant Maya another chance. We have recently updated the menu and there will also be a changing of the guard in the kitchen team by mid-April, so I am confident that we will be able to impress you on that front as well!

Warm regards,

General Manager, Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 1 April 2012

This hotel located in the business district of Mumbai. We enjoyed the peace and quiet of the hotel location. Although well known as a business hotel, ( with smaller rooms), my family and I enjoyed the comforts of an excellent hotel. No surprise for me when I noticed a certificate from Trip Advisor that this is a highly recommended hotel. The staff are extremely helpful. Needed a package to be posted and would you believe everything was taken care by their staff, from packaging to posting. The airport is not far from the hotel and, this together with peace and quiet at night made this just the perfect location in a big bustling city, day or night.Excellent restaurants in the hotel. Make sure that you a table for dinner. Restaurants are busy. For me, this has to be my choice of hotel in Mumbai. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Any room would do.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Golfnut5472
BandraKurla-Trident, General Manager at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

I am glad to note that you left with a positive impression of the hotel and its services.

Asia
Reviewed 31 March 2012

This review is going to be biased--I'm a Trident convert.

I happened to stay when there was a write-up in a paper about Oberoi who had created this brand. The article described his taste as "fashionable but not faddish". So I started looking around the hotel and my appreciation for him and his tastes grew even more.

Again, the lobby underwhelms. It lack depth and there is no natural feature (as opposed to a sign) to direct one to the reception on the left. (Psychologists say most people naturally turn to the right.) And then there was the somewhat disorienting water feature to walk over to get to reception. (I had woken up at 4 am to catch the flight to Mumbai.) The water feature is disorienting because for a few seconds, I thought I was stepping into the water.

But after that, it's all fine. Check-in was smooth. Details about me were captured in its database so all I had to do was to sign off.

All the lights leading to the rooms are recessed. The only light that hits you overhead when you walk out of the elevator is the one above the elevator door. Compare that with most hotels. The soft lighting puts one in the mood to be rested and restful.

The room's master switch turns off only the lights and tv. This means that one can go for breakfast, turn off the lights, and still charge up one's computer.

In my earlier stay, I had commented that the glass door at the shower stall did not have a seal so the area just outside the shower area got wet. The general manager said he took note and would fix it. Well, I can agree that the problem is indeed fixed.

There were some comments about that shower area being slippery and I am inclined to agree. It looks like shower areas should not have smooth surfaces. Something that feels like slate would work better.

I had to order room service once and that was very good. The food came in warming box (a reverse fridge?) on a cart. This meant that I did not have to move my workstuff to have dinner.

The gym was fine with a good variety of machines.

Before we left, my friend and I had lunch. First, we sat in the coffeehouse but then after we looked at the menu we decided to try the Italian restaurant. Well, the staff cheerfully carried our drinks to restaurant.

The hotel continues its no-direct tipping policy, which I think is good.

And yes, before I left, I made sure I left behind a good tip for the staff. I did say I am a Trident convert.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Panguin
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for posting your detailed review about your experience at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai.

Understated elegance has always been a hallmark of The Oberoi Group, and I am happy to see that you appreciated our hotel in that aspect.

I apologize for any inconvenience faced by you with regard to the shower area being slippery – our housekeeping team would be happy to provide an anti-skid bath mat on your next visit, on request.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Perth, WA
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We chose this hotel for a last night splurge in India. Have to say it was spectacularly luxurious from the fluffy bathrobes to the piano player in the lobby. Definitely one for the executive business triipper. Staff were super-efficient, friendly but in a very formal way. Breakfast was the usual buffet-style and everything was presented beautifully. Great place to people-watch!!
Felt very safe as security was at a very high level.

Room Tip: As for a room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

I am glad to note that you had comfortable stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Rolle, Switzerland
Reviewed 30 March 2012

A new hotel in the developing business area of Mumbai. Little of attraction nearby for tourists but for business very well placed.
Room impeccable - huge, sparkling clean, free standing bath - absolute luxury.
Restaurants superb - Indian especially good with a very personal interest taken by the manager and indeed the chef - an invitation to the kitchen to inspect the live lobsters and crabs especially appreciated.
Main restaurant serves superb buffets. Main bar lacks some atmosphere and doesnt serve late - you need to sit at a restaurant table to get a drink in the closing hour or so.
will certainly use again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

I am glad that you enjoyed the dining experience at Maya, our Indian specialty restaurant and the tour of our kitchen as well.

As far as our main bar is concerned, as per local laws we serve alcohol in the bar till 12:30 a.m. and till 1:30 a.m. in the adjoining all-day dining restaurant

Warm regards,