“Synonymous with SeaFood”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fort/Kala Ghoda
Reviewed 27 January 2016

Having heard a lot about this restuarant, we decided to visit Apoorva for dinner yesterday. I was very hesitant to go as I am strictly vegeterian and Apoorva is famous for seafood. Still, I decided to accompany my family as they were very keen to have dinner here.
It is a cute little cosy place with casual seating arrangements. The decor is pleasing and the staff were very friendly. I was happy to find quite a lot of vegetarian options, both in chinese and indian cuisine. The Sol-kadi, Neer dosa, Aapam etc are items not to be missed. The seafood options are plenty and good that seafood lovers would fall in love with this place. Looks like their chinese food is quite popular, since we saw lot of people ordering the same.
Overall we had a pleasant experience and would definitely visit again.

Reviewed 18 January 2016 via mobile

The restaurant has an old style setting. The menu includes a wide range of good sea food, reasonably priced. It also has a, choice of Indian and Chinese food.. the Indian cuisine has grills , gravy items and masala fried seafood. Their forte is Konkan dishes. Some notable specialities include the Appam, and Neer Dosa. The Surmai Tawa Masala Fry preparation was excellent. This restaurant also provides a range of drinks...

The restaurant could however improve on the overall ambience, especially with respect to the music. Some music be it Indian or Western, will help to cover the conversation of customers in general to make the experience more memorable. Seating also could be impoved to provide more space for comfort.

Service was quite good, and attentive.

Reviewed 13 January 2016

This is the only place where I had ate the crab at the price of Rs 290/-
They have fabulous option for South Indian Food.

Reviewed 30 December 2015 via mobile

Decided to visit the restaurant for a meal before our flight back to the UK the following day.

The food was pretty much ok, nothing to shout about for Mumbai or other places we visited during our 3 weeks in North India, Goa and Mumbai.

We opted for squid to start followed by a basa curry, Rara chicken, rice and roti. Starter arrived around two minutes before the mains at which point the curry was put onto the same plate by the waiter.

Far from being attentive the waiting staff proceeded to stare at my wife and I for the remainder of the meal and we caught the Head Waiter (I presume) making mocking gestures about how we were eating.

We finished up and went to get the bill as quickly as possible. The friendliest the staff were was when they stared at the collection of notes in my wallet as they produced the bill.

Perhaps it's more of a locals place or they don't get many white tourists but in the 20 - 30 restaurants we've visited in India from street food to luxury this was the most uncomfortable we were made to feel.

Better places close by to choose from.

Reviewed 26 December 2015

A good non-vegetarian restaurant with good meat and fish dishes. Excellent service. Good choise for drinks too.