“Another Comfortable Stay”

Radisson Mumbai Goregaon
Ranked #35 of 484 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed 26 February 2012

What an affordable oasis this hotel is. Staff are professional and know what they are about.
Reservation / checkin / check out is so smooth compared to my very recent experience at a 5* 'luxury collection' hotel.
Good restaurant just around the corner 'Image' and handy for Goregaon railway station which serves central Mumbai ( Church Gate).

Big niggled that each time I went to use the inviting looking rooftop pool / sundeck, workman were milling around either putting together or dismantling party furniture ( all day two days!). Without that, this would have been an excellent stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
ABgroup, General Manager at Radisson Mumbai Goregaon, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for posting your review about your experience at Grand Sarovar Premiere, Mumbai.
I am glad that we are able to make your stay comfortable each time you visit us.
We do look forward to welcoming you again.

Warm Regards,

General Manager, Grand Sarovar Premiere, Mumbaii

Reviewed 20 February 2012

1. Great Welcome by the Doorman (How they manage to be so warm day and night for all people who come in is amazing, and I stayed here for 4 days and was the same throughout)
2. Loved the amazing smell in the lobby.
3. The Front Desk staff who was of great help.
4. Superbly functional Room.
5. Amazing Wi-Fi (And its free)
6. The boys who cleaned my room. (great job guys)
7. The shower in my room. (have not experienced a better shower in any hotels I visited)
8. The amazing spread for Breakfast and Dinner. (that’s all I had every day, heard their Sunday Brunch is even more amazing)
9. The servers in the dining area, they are an amazing bunch of guys. (especially Geoffrey)
10. Proximity to my office in Mind space, not so far from the airport and just a few minutes away from the shopping malls.

8  Thank 88Sweety88

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Your kind words of appreciation shall be conveyed to my team for whom it will be a tremendous source of inspiration.
The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Grand Sarovar Premiere

Reviewed 17 February 2012

Beware. this is a three star being sold as five star on some sites.
Weary entrance. Lobby is jaded. Room infrastructure poor. Service leaves much to be desired. Cannot even serve a cup of tea stating that the machine is not working. Noisy.

Enough said. you have been warned.

3  Thank funbone
ABgroup, General Manager at Radisson Mumbai Goregaon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

We thank you for putting up your opinion on your stay with us.
We are a hotel which has been in operation for the last 4 years and in that short time, we have been rated as best hotel twice and have been garnering a lot of positive comments on tripadvisor, with more than 95 % guest saying they would like to come back and stay with us, which is more than what some of the supposed 5 star deluxe hotels have.
Inspite of being a fairly new hotel, we constantly keep updating the hotel. This being the first comment where we have received which mentions about the lobby and infratructure of the rooms would have appreciated if it was elaborated.
The tea that we normally serve was served within the stipulated timing, but being told to serve tea like the ones being served on the road is something which flumoxed our staff. So statements being made about the service is uncalled for.
However, we apolgize for any service flaw that you have claimed or may have faced during your stay with us.

Reviewed 14 February 2012

Spent 3 nights at the Grand Sarovar while doing some work in the Mindspace area. The hotel itself is only about 10-15 mins drive from the West Malad/Mindspace area - so location is perfect for those visiting that area on business.

I stayed in a standard double room and found the size OK for what I required. The bed and pillows were much too firm and I found that I was unable to get a decent night's sleep on any of the 3 nights (probably slept no more than 3 hours on best night!). My room was on the south side - with not much to see other than roofs of other buildings and windows from other tall buildings. There was provision of bottled water everyday - which was useful and a mini-bar which I did not make use of as I was hardly ever in the room. The bathrooms have only showers in them (no baths) and these had pretty good pressures. Due to glass partitions, whenever someone turns on the light in the bathroom, the illumination comes through the bedroom wall - which would not be ideal if there was a another guest in the bedroom. The facecloth supplied was removed be housekeeping on the second day and never replaced. I ended up using one of the smaller towels as a facecloth and simply could not be bothered to request another as I was there for such a short time.

I did breakfast and dinner at the hotel throughout my stay. Both were OK - with international and local cuisine available. My only quibble with the dinner is that although it was buffet style, it was pretty much the same options on all 3 nights. So, be ready to have the same thing for all 3 nights if you are not favoured with the choices available. For a short stay, this was not too bad. However, if you are staying for a week or so, you'd do well to try alternatives nearby just to add variety. Having said that, I found the amount charged for both breakfast and dinner were fairly reasonable and matched what was provided.

Service quality was slightly hit and miss. The hotel arranged a taxi to pick me up at Mumbai airport and were generally keen to please. However, they refused to allow me check out the night before depature even though I had to leave the hotel at 5am. They insisted on checking the mini-bar at the time of departure - which meant another 15 minutes wasted the following morning. This is not the standard expected of an international hotel. If you cannot trust your business customers to tell you if they have had a pepsi or some nuts in the morning, then maybe you should not be catering for that sector. Business guests are not going to swoop on $5 goodies before they exit and avoid paying. Even if you get the odd one, it is generally not worth alienating your customers for this. Even worse, my colleague, who also did not use his mini-bar, was told in the morning during check-out that he had taken a dairy-milk bar. To avoid being late for our flights, we paid the $1 and left. On his return, he complained to the hotel and they admitted they made an error (looks like it may have been there afterall!).

Overall, I will probably not stay here again as although it is well-located and the facilities are adequate, the fact that I spent 3 nights and did not manage to get a decent night's sleep on any night is the deciding factor for me.

Room Tip: Avoid the noise from street traffic and stay in south-facing rooms on higher floors
1  Thank highimpactuk
ABgroup, General Manager at Radisson Mumbai Goregaon, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2012

Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and am glad that you enjoyed it for the most part.
During your next visit please feel free to contact our food and beverage team for any culinary preferences and we will do our best to accommodate your requirements.
We thank you for your understanding and appreciate you taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

Stayed here with family while on holiday. It seems to be mostly a business hotel and had very few families staying there.
The rooms are quite good and spacious, the bathrooms large and very clean.
The restaurant which starts as a breakfast area changes moods quite well when it becomes an elegant dinner venue.
My only complaint is the internet service where only one device can connect to the wireless broadband. In these days of smart phones and ipads it would be nice if the same username and password can be used on multiple devices.
It is quite close to some of the malls. It might be a good idea if the hotel could provide complimentary shuttles to these malls.

Room Tip: Ideally look for a room farther away from the lift and on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank keru

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Grand Sarovar Premiere.
Also would like to thank you for bringing up your point on the wi fi service, we are one of the few hotels in Mumbai who provide free wi fi service to our clients and it is only due to the security concerns that we give different pins to different devises.

Grand Sarovar Premiere