We (two families with 3 kids) stayed for 2 nights - 3 days. Property is very good and well maintained. The location is close to the town and places like Zoo, Chamundi Hills and the place are easily reachable.
The hotel is in a quiet place, but no proximity to lake/river etc. So, don't expect too much natural beauty around. They have a man made waterbody, it has fountains etc.
Rooms are big enough to accommodate a nuclear family. Kept neat and clean. But, the hotel is very reluctant to give first floor rooms. Rooms in first floor have much better view. Ground floor rooms are vanerable to crap thrown from first floor. So, won't advice ground floor.
Has good facilities like indoor games, gym, swimming pool etc. There is an open air theater too. Some beautiful birds around. But, no entertainment to keep the kids engaged. So, plan a lot of site seeting outside to avoid boredom. The TVs in the room are average (old CRT TVS, not flat ones), the cable service was of poor quality.
Food was great. So, was the room service. The frontdesk, room service and housekeeping are good. The room keys (electronic cards) gave trouble a couple of times but frontdesk promptly replaced the keys.
Overall a very good experience. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who plan a peaceful holiday in Mysore and has plans to cover attractions in the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Windflower Resorts & Spa, Mysore embodies the true spirit of the Royal city of Mysore on the foothills of the Chamundi surrounded by the evergreen & historically significant landscape of the city. Featuring palatial rooms, private sit-outs, well-appointed bathrooms with rain showers in some, villas with private plunge pools are just to name a few features of the accommodation. The resort hosts its signature EMERGE the Wellness Spa featuring healing therapies written during the ages of Rishis of Ayurveda, a sunken outdoor pool and many an indoor and outdoor activities. Olive Garden, a multi-cuisine a la carte restaurant with its open air setting surrounded by a pond with cheerful geese combined with The Vineyard Bistro, a modern hangout holds its own to delight. Complete with multiple modern meeting facilities the resort features an open air meeting room, two banquet halls of differential sizes and features and an expansive party lawn for those with events, conferences, off-sites or celebrations in mind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ClearTrip, Booking.com, Expedia, MakeMyTrip, Yatra, TravelGuru, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The Windflower Resort & Spa, Mysore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Windflower Hotel Mysore
- Windflower Hotel Mysore
- Windflower Resort Mysore
- Resort Mysore
- The Windflower Resort & Spa, Mysore Mysuru (Mysore), Karnataka