We visited their restaurent on 24th March 2012. There was some French batch of 40 people in the restaurant making all noises and all waiters were towards those two tables. It was embrassing for me as I had taken guest and made them wait for more than 1 hour to get the main course. I respect foreign guests they are guest to our nation no doubt. But this hotels neglects other customers and treats with similar attitude of one time tourist visitors even to local visitors. I had to be furious to shout and get the attention. These days if customer is unhappy..they serve some free deserts and salads as complimentary.This made me intolerable. As a customer I am happy to get the value for money in their best services. But by giving deserts as complimentary it made us unhappy further more as they bribed me. I don't know what's the logic. People go to this place for the ambience. But reception and service is not welcoming at all ever. For one time customer is okay. Interestingly, even door man will not bother to smile or salute. My request to this hotel treat everyone equally,because everyone pays same. Treat Indians also with respect and dignity. I respect KFC and Mc Donald in this regard - the youth smile,quickness to attend and respect or courtesy extended is also productionised along with their services...no tips.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A grand heritage hotel, Royal Orchid Metropole is steeped in the history and culture of Mysore. Its imperial arches, imposing pillars and ornate corridors capture the old world charm of this majestic guesthouse built by the former Maharaja of Mysore in 1920 . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, MakeMyTrip, TravelGuru, Yatra, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Royal Orchid Metropole Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Orchid Metropole Mysore
- Royal Orchid Metropole Hotel Mysuru (Mysore), Karnataka