“Good family hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Sandesh The Prince

Hotel Sandesh The Prince
Ranked #9 of 99 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
Bangalore
“Good family hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012

We stayed at this hotel twice during various times. The reason we went there the second time was due to exceptionally good stay during our first visit but second time wasn't that good. The location is fantastic, buffet breakfast is great, staff is very friendly. Second trip was to enjoy Mysore dasera and we bought tickets to a show+dinner that was planned in the hotel. However due to heavy rains this was cancelled and we had to just make do with dinner. They did promise to make up for the cancelled show but we were to leave anyway the next day. I found this to be quite family friendly too and staff went out of the way to make my kid feel quite at home.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Conway, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

We stayed at Hotel Sandesh the Prince July 14-19, 2012, part business, part vacation. Very impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms, lounges, restaurant and grounds. Staff was courteous and VERY helpful when we needed any information and helped to arrange transportation for us as well. Mr. Errol gave us many good tips on sight-seeing, traveling around by auto-rickshaw, and helped us find a pharmacy! Mysore Palace was w/in walking distance but for Chamundi Temple, Mr. Errol got a driver for us. I had never tried Indian food and thought for sure I wouldn't like it (a picky eater), but everything I tried, I loved! Breakfast was included and served daily - a good assortment of Indian and American foods. I ordered room service once and did not have to wait long for it to be delivered. The wait staff always asked if we wanted our meals spicy or on the mild side, so spice/heat was never an issue. And there's a silk emporium next door, stop in and check out pashminas or have Rafeeq make a sari for you!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Kingaroy, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

This hotel is a great place to stay, I stayed here for two nights and I was and felt like I was a prince. The food was amazing in both restaurants, the castle restaurant tendered to my every need. The food was cooked to perfection.

I have to personally thank Mr Girish Kumar for being a perfect gentleman, and helping me with my food selection. I would also like to thank Mr Dutta, for helping my partner in arranging some special gifts that were sent to my room.

The hotel its self is located very near all of the local attractions, and it is of very good standards.
The room are large and spacious, and very clean. Fresh bottled water is provided every day and clean linen also.

I have no negatives to add to this review and look forward to one day very soon returning here.
The only comment would be, the internet is a little slow, but very usable, and they would think of upgrading to wi-fi, but this is in no way a negative feature

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

We (4 persons) stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and had very good experience. The front desk was very cooperative. I needed a printout of a very important mail and they arranged me the printout without any extra charge. Rooms were very clean. Location is very nice.

Breakfast was very good though I wish they could add a few more western selections.

Room Tip: Go for rooms facing swimming pool
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

The Hotel location is very good and enviroment is also nice. There is also a shop close by.

2 comments are the hotel stuff do not like smiling, which makes me feel a little bit unconfortable. And the food in the resturant is ok and too salty for me, less choice on the breakfirst.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo