“Simply the best!!!”

Hotel Sandesh The Prince
Ranked #9 of 100 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
Bengaluru, India
“Simply the best!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

My second stay at this hotel , It is a beautiful property with multiple restaurants,courtous staff and express checkin, the food was great,they have a restaurant at the pool side with a wide screen projector showing the IPL matches live and the topping on the cake was the incrediblly fast free broadband connection(2 Mbps).From my balcony I could see the entire Nishat bagh,part of the Palace and Mysore's symbol,The Chamundi hills. All in all an incredible stay at an incredible hotel and reasonable rates.

Room Tip: Make use of the newly renovated gym
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank xplorer_007
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Goa, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

I got a decent deal for Sandesh, the Prince from an on-line travel site for a same day reservation. I had limited options for availability elsewhere.

Sandesh is an older hotel and the décor is really outdated. The good news though; it is reasonably maintained for such an old property. The room was spacious but very dark and hard to read. Although, the best part of the room was the updated bathroom. I took a relaxing bubble bath and the tub was large and wide enough to enjoy the bath; and the hotel provided the bubble concoction.

I had trouble with the a/c in the room and it was hard to adjust the temperature even after calling up maintenance. I had to spend a lot of time in the lobby waiting the day of check-out (due to a strike and a noon check-out policy) and was extremely uncomfortable temperature wise with lack of a/c.

The swimming pool was under maintenance and the Ayurveda Spa looked so unattractive I did not want to get a treatment there.

At times I could here kids screaming in the open aired lobby as sounded traveled to my room.

The room service menu was expensive as well as the restaurant and lobby bar. And the food was just average. I wanted to tip the waiter, but only had a 1000-rupee note. He insisted he would go get change (which I thought was bold). He came back 30-minutes later with only 100's and I really did not want to tip that much for a soup and sandwich order.

I had a Kingfisher in the lobby bar. I was too cheap to pay 400-rupees +++ tax, for a Bloody Mary! However, I was pleasantly surprised with the included full breakfast buffet. I was only anticipating a Continental Breakfast. There was a good variety to choose from. The air and comfort level in the restaurant was hot and stale both mornings.

The front desk was not at all friendly, nor helpful. I asked for change three times and was unable to get small bills to tip the hotel staff. They seemed to care less about my business when checking in and checking out. The exception was the travel desk who I found extremely courteous and helpful. One staff member went out of his way to help me personally with an issue during a state wide strike.

Arranging a car service took a long time (1.45 minutes for one trip and over an hour for the other) and both drivers showed up looking a bit disheveled, uniforms would be more professional. They upgraded a car for a sightseeing trip when the a/c did not work. I was appreciative. The car for the longer ride was a Tata and was in extremely poor condition with screeching brakes. Both drivers were courteous.

Wifi is an additional charge but I did not bring my laptop for this quick trip. They have a business center in the lobby and charge 50-rupees for an hour.

If given the opportunity I would probably not return to this property. I prefer something more updated, more business friendly, a nicer front desk staff, a better value in the room service restaurants and bar, wifi to be included in the room rate and a 24-hour check-in check-out policy.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

The hotel was overall ok, all common areas are well maintained and pleasing. Since this is one of the more expensive hotels in Mysore, I expected a bit more from the room as well. The 'posh' experience was not there in the room, sofa was worn out, the bathtub had some black spots and towels were frayed at the seams. Definitely liveable, but its easy to find issues if you are looking for perfection.

I tried room service for one night, the service was quick and efficient. Food prices are way on the higher side though.

I go a room facing the pool and on the other end of the pub so did not face any disturbance from the pub or traffic at all as mentioned by some people in the reviews of the hotel, even though I was in the first floor.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Piscataway, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

We had a fantastic stay. Arrived around 11AM and we were able to check in early which was great since we had a long drive from Kotagiri.

The hotel is very clean, very friendly and helpful staff in reception and restaurants. Location is great and very close to the Mysore Palace.

Breakfast was included and the Indian breakfast items were good. The western food items... not so much. But that was not a huge deal for us.

We will definitely stay here again next time.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank aquarianne11
toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

I had terrific, efficient check in and there were always staff members in the lobby available to help and to explain the hotel amenities. Someone actually called the room shortly after check in to see if I needed anything, which I thought was a nice touch.

My room was a good size, with a large very comfy bed.

The hotel has a 24 hour coffee shop which I did not use. I had a decent buffet lunch in the pub, which is actually located downstairs, the door is hard to find, it is around the corner from the hotel main entry. The main dining room was pricy, and the wine was very expensive, but the food was decent. Breakfast was included in my package and there was a decent variety.

There is a small pool with a deck/seating area behind the main restaurant. It is enclosed by massive walls which I found somewhat oppressive, although it did ensure privacy.

I was only here one night, but it was a good stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family