“Definitely not worth the money charged.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Treebo Spectrum Suites

Treebo Spectrum Suites
Ranked #30 of 95 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
Bengaluru, India
“Definitely not worth the money charged.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

I stayed with my parents here for just one night, but my experience was bad enough for me to resolve never to come back here again. Starting with the directions to the property. They say it is just next to the Easy day mall, but it is actually not. It is in a lane after easy day mall. There are no sign boards or anything for anyone to get to the place. The check in was smooth, we got to our room, extra bed that we had requested promptly put. The room was not as clean as I would expect a 3 start property to be. And soon after the air-conditioner stopped working. I called the reception and someone comes after 10 mins tried to switch off and switch on the AC nothing happens goes saying that he'll send someone else and another 10 mins go by no one calling or nothing. It was terribly hot day and the room was becoming suffocating. After waiting for 10-15 mins when I called the reception again I was told that we are being shifted to another room.
We finally settled in our room with a working AC. When we checked in we had asked if we could lunch and we were told that there is menu card in the room. We call the room service to order and we find out that their kitchen in under renovation and they cannot provide us anything. Great, shouldn't we have been this before ?? They could not even provide tea / coffee ( we did not want to have the milk powder tea coffee, which can be made in the room).
The next day morning breakfast was complimentary, we went to have breakfast we were presented with a menu sheet for complimentary breakfast, which says I can order unlimited tea/coffee/ juices but I can order only 1 dish for breakfast anything other than that I would have to pay. Please someone teach them what is the meaning of complimentary breakfast.
On the positive good note, the breakfast was really tasty and the staff in the restaurant was very courteous and nice. But I would not stay in this place again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank swatilr
Mangosuites, Director of Sales at Treebo Spectrum Suites, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We take it very positively,We are deeply perturbed, by your uncomfortable stay with us. We will look into the matter, and take the necessary steps to ensure that such occurrences do not happen again, with any of our guests.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Mumbai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

Stayed two nights in Mango Suites, Mysore. Secured, quiet, relaxed & high-quality. Well organized Team. Predominantly Manager Imran with team is very good-mannered, Pleased & cooperative helped me to chose good room. Comfortable and Great Place to Stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mangosuites, Director of Sales at Treebo Spectrum Suites, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review. It is guest like you, who gives an impetus to the morale of Team Mango, and help us in sustaining our standards.. We look forward to your stay in our other Manngo Suites Properties in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Agra and Amritsar.
toronto
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

I had a terrible experience at this hotel and checked out after one bad night.

I do feel the need to point out that the staff on duty was helpful, courteous, and when things went really wrong in the evening the day manager came in off-duty to see what he could do. As helpful as they tried to be, they really had no clue. I wasn’t even offered a better room until I had already packed up my suitcase and made it known I was checking out at first light.

This is a very basic business hotel for the budget traveller. My room had bare bones built-in furniture, no shampoo or other bath amenities, soap in a wall dispenser, shower only, and only one office style chair to sit on.

The walls had stains all over them, disgusting. The one chair was filthy, I did not want to sit on it. The built in counter was stained and chipped. My sheets has some stains on them. Clearly they had been well washed, but were still stained. Gross.

My room was located beside a power generation facility adjacent to the hospital which resulted in loud engine noises throughout the night making sleep impossible.

My room door had a problem and wouldn’t open half the time. The lock read the card, clicked, but the handle mechanism would seize up. When a staff member came to check it out, his solution was when I got stuck I should go to the front desk so someone would knew the right way to jiggle the handle could let me in. Unacceptable.

Fortunately I test check room safes before I put my things in them. Good thing, it locked and would not open. After more calls to the front desk someone came up, opened it with their key and changed the batteries.

We tried to have dinner at the hotel restaurant. Picked a variety of starters and mains. Not one item we selected was available. Not one. The server kept trying to direct us to the dessert menu. We ended up ordering take out from an outside restaurant and eating in the nasty room. At breakfast at the hotel restaurant we were served stale bread and rotten fruit before we got up and left.

I cannot recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank wheres-fluffy
Mangosuites, Director of Sales at Treebo Spectrum Suites, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Mango Suites endeavours to keep all our guests satisfied, for their entire duration of stay with us, not only in Mysore, but also at Agra, Amritsar, Bangalore and Hyderabad.

We thank you and are delighted by your kind review. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Bongaigaon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

Stayed seven nights in Mango Suites/Maestro, Mysore. In convenient locality, secured, quiet, relaxed & high-quality house keeping with all up to date amenities. Workforce particularly Unit Manager Imran all are very well-mannered & cooperative. Road side rooms are attractive. Less than one minute walk to reach Esay day shopping mall & KFC. Restaurant is good, can be upgraded. Overall experience is outstanding.

Room Tip: road side rooms
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Prantik56
Dear Guest,

Thank you, for taking out time to post your reviewon Trip Advisor. It has been a pleasure to convey your compliments to all our team members at Mango Suites.It is a source of tremendous inspiration to our staff., and we thank you for your kind comments.

We hope our services and rooms entice you to visit us in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Agra and Amritsar too.
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here for couple of days and honestly we just needed a place to crash since we were out the whole day sightseeing. What I like about the place is that unlike the other hotels Mango suites is out of the crowded zones of Mysore where you usually see a row of hotels. The rooms are decent, the staff is courteous but the food is average which is the trend with buffet breakfasts these days.I felt the same at IBIS in Dubai so..I dint expect much.However my husband went out to get cigarettes and found this nice continental place called Elements Bistro and after inquiring we went there for our morning breakfast which was a good break form the regular breakfast and we did end up eating well over there.

Room Tip: I did take a look at the suites and would stay there in my next visit
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank angel S
Mango-Hotels, CEO and Guest Care Executive at Treebo Spectrum Suites, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for your very kind reviews.

Your feedback will be action-ed

Do look forward to serving you again here and at other mango.hotels