“Site Seeing”
Review of Shimla

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
delhi
2 helpful votes
“Site Seeing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2010

Excellent place for honeymoon. Site seeing. Many temples located in the vicinity. Also can visit KUFRI, which is very cold out there. You would commute only on a horse. Also located is the cart track on the highest peak above the sea level on the earth.

2 Thank DelhiKapil
London, United Kingdom
36 helpful votes
“Must Visit - Queen of Hills”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2010

Shimla is a very beautiful hill situation. Well connected through Air, Rail and Road is amongst the favoutrite tourist destination for people of North and other parts as well.
The city as was Britisher's Summer capital earlier has architectural and lifestyle influence of same.
If visitng Shimla should visit Kufri, Jahakoo Mandir, Annadale, IIAS besides Mall road, University, Museum.
The Mall Road is like the heart of the city with bustling with students and tourists. A walk on the mall accomapnied with good food avaialble is a fun experience.

1 Thank Ruchika3
Gurgaon
6 helpful votes
“My Trip to Shimla”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2010

Hello friends,

I have been to Shimla during August 2009.

I am a workosholic person, and to get relax and spend some time with family, I have decided to go to some Hill Station. I reside at Gurgaon, and have 3 yr old Son with my lovely wife. To reach Shimla, options available are – by Train, by bus, and by Road (car). By road, in car, it thought it would be hectic so decided to go by Train which also give some joy to my son.

We have started early in the morning, get tickets books in Shatabdi from New Delhi to Kalka. The journey was quite confirmable. We reach at noon to Kalka. From Kalka we took another train, called toy train, (yes its small in size), to reach Shimla. The train took about 6 hr for @ 100 kms, because of hills and tracks going up. Also train stops at various small station. But it is OK and good experience. We reached to Shimla in evening at 6 PM. I have already booked hotel near station. We got potter as we have luggage and the hotel in at some height. The weather is pleasant when we reached. The hotel is OK compared to what we have paid - @ 1400 Rs. Per night. We rested for couple of hrs. and then go to mall road (which is just 0.5 km away (but on somewhat height) and get some dinner. Also got taxi books for some sigh seen in next couple of days.

Then come back have sleep at hotel

Next day, taxi came at 9 AM and we went to local sigh seen, which took @ 4 hrs and we get freed by 2 PM in noon, taxi driver drop us near mall road (on mall road all vehicles are banned). We roam around for couple of hrs, each light snacks and go back to hotel. In the evening get some dinner.

Next day taxi came at 9:00 AM, we go to Kufri which is nearby hill station @ 60 KM frm Shimla. At Kufri we have horse ride, we visited to fun world, see clouds below the hills. Thereafter gone to some more points on way back. Get back to hotel @ 5 PM in the evening.

Next day, we have rested and gone for mall road visit, walk @ 2 KM, seen snow fall and rain.

In the evening checked out from hotel. We have booked AC Volvo bus to go back to Delhi, the journey quite OK OK, and reached back to Delhi in the morning.

mumbai
9 helpful votes
“Fascinating Shimla...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2010

The first time i visited Shimla in early 2004, i went 3 more times the same year. ( not to mention im from mumbai and was working too ). Since the last 5 years i have been to Shimla more than a dozen times and everytime i go there i fall in love all over again with the place. I think the mall road in shimla is the best we have in India. No other place can match the vibrancy of the area ( outside the Ridge ) in the evenings. Shimla is at its best during Christmas. I recommend spending one christmas evening strolling on the mall road, atleast once in your lifetime. I have spent my last 3 xmas's there. One last thing... avoid doing the touristy things unless your with family... Explore the place like a localite... Move around in the local buses instead of hiring cabs... Visit places like Sanjauli ( a small place around 5 kms from shimla ).. rafting along Tatta pani and Chail Palace for lunch.

1 Thank huls
mumbai
“Shimla Taxi Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2009

We hired taxi from Hilander Tours N Travels from 2 Oct to 5 Oct the service of driver papu was excellent,and car condition was good.Yogesh had helped us very much to shedule our sightseeing in shimla.
Thank you team Hilander for arranging a nice holiday.

Been to Shimla? Share your experiences!