“My favourite hill station in India”
Review of Shimla

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
NOIDA
476 helpful votes
“My favourite hill station in India”
Reviewed 3 December 2008

I planned a trip to a hill station with my friends in feburary,We chose Shimla as our destination. Shimla, the 'Summer Capital' of India for the British, is a place designed for complete relaxation for people who are centered around the big cities. The north of Shimla is the beautiful forested Kulu Valley, with its flowing rivers and flowers strewn walks, known as the 'Valley of the Gods'.We travelled to Shimla on car and bikes. The route from Panchkula to Shimla itself is very adventurous.That was a great fun of biking in mountains.We chose hotel Gulmarg for our stay there. Shimla is considered as the best hill station in India. I was really charmed by the beauty of Shimla. The destinations which are worth seeing during the way to Shimla are: Kausali, Kaushalya River, Barookk, Solan and lastly Shimla. There are many ways to reach Shimla like (Via Train, Bus, Toy Train, Car, Bikes). For those people who are romantic and adventurous too, should go by either Car or Toy Train. Toy train starts from Kalka.
If you go by Car, the first destination to stop is Kausuli. There is a beautiful mall road out there (though it is not too big) but worth seeing it and enjoy the food from Kenwood Hotel by sitting on their terrace. 2kms from kausuli is way to Kausalaya River. There is a mountain peak out there where on one side there used to be fog while on the other side of the peak, there is sun light. You will defintely feel like heavenly bliss there. Then move to Solan and enjoy seeing the traditional old building and houses.In Shimla, there are variety of properties to stay. For Luxury, stay in a 5 star property of Oberios Group. For Deluxe, don’t miss the Honeymoon Inn hotel of Shimla. It is reasonable and worth staying there.
You can then visit to one of the oldest Church in Shimla, Mall Road, Kufri, National habitat center, and lastly jakhu mandir.
I would like to recommend all categories of people here from age group 3 to age 65 years. It is really worth to see the natural beauty of North India, Night Life, Shopping, Medical College, Habitat center etc.

476 Thank AMAR_STRANGE
delhi
99 helpful votes
“Shimla”
Reviewed 27 November 2008

Shimla is a really cool place. And scenic beauty there is awesome. I went there thrice and all the trips were really outstanding. I went to jaku hill, tattpani, and public library. and all the places were more than good. So my advice is for u to go there definitely.

99 Thank abstrusevaibhav
new delhi
39 helpful votes
“My summer place in India”
Reviewed 20 November 2008

we went to shimla in our summer vacations.
It was my collegemate cum friend's family together with mine.
We hired a cab for going up there.It was fun travelling till the time the mountains didn't arrived.As the mountain driving started everyone was feeling like something different going on in the body but we kept making fun of each others faces & expressions.
We stayed in Hotel Combermarie there near the ridge.
this was our family's first trip to shimla, earlier we stayed at Hotel Clarke's.
but as it was the summer time all the hotels were full this time.
As this place is near our town it took some minutes for us to decide about the destination.

overall experience was as my friend is also having a brother who is now a good frined of my brother.

we really enjoyed

39 Thank jitika
New Delhi
35 helpful votes
“A Beautiful Hill Station”
Reviewed 18 November 2008

You reach Shimla, you spend some time over here and you will understand, why this place was capital of Britishers during their reign over India. the place is beautiful. The mall and ridge and surrounding hotels including the disco theque were reasonably good. You move to Kufri (roughly 20 Kms. from Shimla), which has a go karting on the world's highest altitude. You will certainly enjoy that . However reaching there is very bad experience. The smell of Horse's dung through out the way will disturb you. However after reaching this place. you will enjoy that. Jakhu Temple (Lord Hanuman's) is a famous temple out there. You feel good and lots of monkeys will be there. Beware carrying your articles and food while visiting this temple.

The best time to visit is January, when you can also enjoy Ice skating. Over all you will feel good and certainly enjoy this place.

26 Thank parv_arora
punjab
64 helpful votes
“My favorite place in Shimla”
Reviewed 12 November 2008

The most famous of the British hill stations, this city is the capital of the state of Himachal Pradesh. Set in the foothills of the Himalayas at an altitude of 6,700 ft/2,100 m, it afforded a resortlike atmosphere for the British. It doesn't take much imagination to realize how idyllic life must have been there for the privileged during the Raj. Today, it's a popular resort for vacationing Indians (though it still more closely resembles an English village than an Indian city). Enjoyable walks
My favorite place is MAll Road.. where i really enjoy the most because,, i got all atractive shops of all kind . and rates are also too reasonable..

64 Thank kamal0121

Been to Shimla? Share your experiences!

© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.