We stayed a couple of nights at the Honeymoon Hotel in Shima. The hotel is a taxi ride away from the railway station (we'd taken the Toy train up from Kalka). Once there the hotel is on a similar level to the Mall (the main street of Shimla), so has easy access. We were there in February so it was still chilly and there was snow on the ground in shadey places. The hotel provided good electric heaters and there was plenty of clean bedding and blankets so we were very comfortable. The standard of accommodation high, with powerful hot and cold water in the clean rooms. The rooms also had well positioned mirrors on the walls, and an additional one on the ceiling.
The restaurant was also very good with a wide selection of Indian, Chinese and 'Continental' options..
The staff were helpful and friendly and this added to our enjoyment of our stay in Shimla. This would be more like a 3 star hotel in Europe. I'd be happy to stay at the Honeymoon Hotel again and would recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is a quaint, little resort with every room offering you a view of the breathtakingly beautiful deodar woods and a lush green valley. The sunsets are, quite simply, incredible as is the view of the twinkling lights. Hotel located just 10 minutes walk from the "Lift", the centrepoint of the Mall offers a unique dinning experience combining a variety of cuisines, freshness of home food and beautiful views of the Himalayas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, ClearTrip and Agoda so you can book your Honeymoon Inn Shimla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Honeymoon Inn Shimla Hotel Shimla
- Honeymoon Hotel Shimla
- Honeymoon Inn Shimla Himachal Pradesh