A group of 6 of us, with two children, stayed at Sunrise Villa for one night on 04 June 2012. When we arrived at 1 PM (1300 hrs), the rooms were still being cleaned. The person manning the office, was not very concerned about the delay that was being caused in handing over the rooms to us. We had to give him a piece of our mind before things moved.
The homsestay is located in a picturesque location, away from highway traffic and the hustle-bustle of Shimla.
The rooms are decent and adequately furnished.
The food is homely and decently priced.
The Tara Devi temple located 3 km away is a nice challenging drive away and worth a visit.
One can spend a quiet day there, watching the scenery and reading.
Parking is scarce (only for 3 cars).
It takes more than 30 - 40 minutes to reach Shimla.
The people manning the reception are slack and did not seem to be very concerned about ensuring that guests were comfortable.
The two bedroom suite has only one bathroom.
The quality of towels and soap was not very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are looking for a good hotel / resort stay in Shimla, visit Sunrise Villa, a mini resort for affordable, economical, homely yet luxurious stay in Shimla in the lap of nature away from the congested city. Facilities include: drive-in-parking, lush green lawns, fruit trees, flower beds, peaceful surroundings with neat and clean environment and rooms, home-made hygienically prepared buffet vegetarian meals served across the dining table in the dining room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Yatra so you can book your Sunrise Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Villa Hotel Shimla
- Sunrise Hotel Shimla
- Sunrise Villa Shimla, Himachal Pradesh