5 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$124
Expedia.com$124
Hotels.com$124
Travelocity$124
Orbitz.com$124
FindHotel$124
All reviews heritage hotel old world charm oberoi group hot water bottles the general manager british era welcome drink buffet breakfast visiting shimla modern amenities no lift a wonderful stay restaurant staff f b courteous staff great hospitality his team
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 May 2022 via mobile

Excellent staff and service. Prachi and Roshan thank you for taking care of us so well. It will be a memorable holiday for us!. Amazing location and rooms. Super staff, overall a luxury experience in this property full of culture. Easy to reach the mall road, just 1 min walk.

Room tip: 2 ways to reach the property
Trip type: Travelled with family
Clarkes Shimla, General Manager at Clarkes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2022

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip advisor and for giving us an opportunity to serve you.

We are delighted to know that the services and facilities offered at the hotel exceeded your expectations. It’s reassuring to know that we were able to make your stay memorable. I have shared your compliments with Roshan and the entire team and they are delighted to know that you personally took time to recognize their efforts. Your generous words of appreciation for our ladies and gentlemen are a tremendous source of motivation for all of us.

We look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of our best attention at all times.

Reviewed 17 May 2022 via mobile

excellent services..amazing hospitality..One of the most amazing team and well behaved staff..They understand all the concerns and try to help their customers in a best possible manner. This was my second visit to Clarkes and I must confess that I have not witnessed such extraordinary services

Trip type: Travelled with family
Clarkes Shimla, General Manager at Clarkes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2022

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip advisor and for giving us an opportunity to serve you again.

We are happy that you left with a positive impression of our hospitality and focus on customer delight. Our constant endeavour is to ensure that all our guests have nothing less than a wonderful experience, and it is such a delight to note that we could make your stay unique.

My entire team is committed to quality service and your recognition will inspire all of us. Your generous words of appreciation for our ladies and gentlemen are a tremendous source of motivation for all of us.

Wishing you healthy times ahead and look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 17 May 2022

This is our third visit to the Clarke’s and we loved every moment of it. We were here for 15 days and each day was a gem of a stay. I give this hotel my personal ‘jewel in the crown’ rating. What makes the Clarke’s a jewel is two fold: FIRST: is the heritage nature of the building, the facade, the interiors, the staircases and wood work, the fireplaces - all add to a bygone, genteel era. At the bar you can sip your drink, get served by bartenders in white turbans and red and gold embroidered kamarbunds. In the dining room you can enjoy wonderful meals custom tailored to your wishes. When you go back to your room it has been spotlessly cleaned and flowers placed on your table, a beautiful place to unwind and relax, SECOND, reason for my rating is the staff. They are simply amazing. Each member of the staff is available for you at all times. I could make a request of anyone, whether in the lobby, bar, dining room, they would take care of whatever I needed. Exceptional service was provided at the front desk, dining room and bar. Housekeeping would check periodically if we needed anything. The staff made us feel special by taking time to talk to us and I enjoyed my chats with them about Shimla. All in all I would highly recommend the Clarke’s.

A final word, if you are looking for ultramodern amenities, rain showers in your bathrooms; ipad room controls; marble floors and chandeliers in the lobby, then this place is not for you. But if you want a ‘bear hug’ feeling where you are taken care of, then come on down to the Clarke’s Shimla.

1  Thank Aruna V

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to know that the services and facilities offered at the hotel exceeded your expectations. Thank you so much for your acknowledgement of our property's old charm. We are delighted to know that you found our Grand Heritage hotel beautiful and liked the vintage charm.

All of us at Clarkes, Shimla endeavour to do all we can to ensure that every guest feels welcomed and receives service that is friendly, attentive and timely. Furthermore, the values handed down to us by our Founder Chairman ask each one of us to place our guests above all else.

We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the team and services. Your compliments for our food and service have been received with genuine delight. I have shared your feedback with the entire team for whom it has been a great source of encouragement to continue in their efforts and exceed the guest expectations.

Thank you for choosing The Clarkes, Shimla as your preferred hotel, and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 10 May 2022 via mobile

We had a nice and cozy stay in well
appointed Suite with cordial staff.
Excellent location and superb
service.
Being in the heart of city, outside view
is normal and approach to hotel is
not easy as car is not allowed on Mall
Road!
Breakfast was OK and food quality
was very good!

Room tip: Some easy and alternate way to reach hotel instead of stairs ?
Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Clarkes Shimla, General Manager at Clarkes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2022

Dear Guest,

As the entrance to the hotel reception is from the Mall road, access to which is restricted to pedestrians and emergency vehicles only. There are two ways to reach the hotel - guests can take the stairs to come up from the hotel parking to the hotel entrance, this takes about 5 minutes. Alternatively guests can take the walkway to reach the hotel from the High Court gate. Wheelchair assistance can be offered in special cases where guests cannot climb the stairs or walk up the walkway.

Wishing you healthy times ahead and look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 8 May 2022 via mobile

My daughter who had just graduated,and I were on a vacation to Shimla. At arrival we were greeted with warmth ...We recall every little gesture..be it the attention to detail at the breakfast table, Room service, Housekeeping and the friendly yet professional training of the staff....I asked for a recepie and it was promptly shared by the Manager and the send off by the GM who saw us down the 80 stairs to the hotel car park was very special
The staff was extremely hospitable and ensured that the stay was memorable.
The hotel lives and breathes a classy style of the bygone era and has been well preserved since it was built in 1898!
And the location too is simply perfect..with an easy access to all the best spots on the Mall Road

Date of stay: April 2022

Dear Guest,

I truly appreciate you sharing this review on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to The Clarkes, Shimla.

We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the hotel, team, and services. I am extremely delighted that my team has lived up to your expectations and your encouraging feedback is greatly appreciated.

The staff is our strength and your generous praise about our services and facilities will indeed encourage them to constantly strive for excellence. I have shared your feedback with the team – your appreciation means the world to our people and will inspire and encourage them in their continuous pursuit of excellence.

Thank you so much for your acknowledgement of our property's old charm; We are delighted to know that you found our Grand Heritage hotel beautiful and liked the vintage charm. I am also happy to know that you enjoyed the hotel's location, which is in the heritage zone of Shimla. Your generous comments regarding the culinary experience are much appreciated. We are all very happy to have made this short visit a memorable one for you.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel