“Good Hotel, Good staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Sukh Sagar

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Shimla
Hotel Sukh Sagar
Ranked #48 of 111 Hotels in Shimla
Jaipur, India
“Good Hotel, Good staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

This is my first review, as I travel very less. We made decision to go to Shimla on very quick note. The trip was very important for me, for the reason that I am taking leaves after three years. I just want to be sure about hotel. Got few review online, so finally decided to book it.

What I can say today after reaching back Jaipur that, Its quite good decision. Nice hotel, good staff, good food at reasonable prices. Morning breakfast of Pranthas excellent. Location of hotel is also good. Approx. 1.5kms from station. Well we tool taxi at Rs. 100 to drop us at Hotel.

I will definitely say, they have made our trip even better....

Room Tip: Super Deluxe room are reasonably good.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
11 Thank Harminder_Maini
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Polish first
Kolkata, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

This hotel was part of our packaged tour. Even before going there I was quite sure about the hospitality of the the stuff due to few phone calls I had made to clarify my doubts, they were ever courteous to reply. Really their service even crossed my expectation. We were traveling in the month of Jan with our 3 years old son. The hotel stuff was always one phone call away to provide hot water & whatever required even at the odd hours. We reached around midnight as our car broke down while coming from Delhi, So we missed the complimentary dinner. On the check in the Manager informed that they will arrange the lunch next day to compensate though they were not in fault...That's the service one looks for...and the Food...Really they need a special mention... Quantity & quality was unparalleled..Hot sumptuous meals were served in the room in that chilled winter season. We specially thanked the cook for his non veg items...Location was great, mall road is walking distance only.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank saikat_traveller
Surat, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2011

these hotel is excellent in all views value of money very nice hotel to stay in shimla in these budget decent food in low rate good staff i really enjoyed it and i would suggest these hotel for all in good rate
right now also i m in shimla and writing comment from my room

Room Tip: choose super deluxe room
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank javeshamu
Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

Abt sukh sagar the best thing I would say is the location of the hotel with it's large windows the view is absolute amazing. Food is nice and reasonably priced, service was Excellent every thing was spot on.Overall if u are looking value for money then this would be a definate recommended hotel to stay in.

• Stayed August 2011
4 Thank arbs84
Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

I stayed here for a few nights in September 2011. The room was modern enough and the view from my room was amazing, some of the prettiest scenery I have ever had the privilege to gaze upon.
However, I thought the price I paid was a bit much for what I got. There was no remote for the telly. I don't mind power outages, you expect them in India, but each time I had to ring reception to come and fix my lights - no idea why - but even after the lights went back on everywhere else in the hotel, I had to ring maintenance to come and fix mine. I saw cockroaches in my room and the cleanliness in the bathroom left a lot to be desired.
When I went to have dinner in their restaurant, I sat there for 20 minutes while many staff walked past me (a few even said hello!) but no one offered me a menu or took my order. I finally left and asked at reception if the restaurant was closed that evening and while they apologised profusely and tried to get me to go back into the restaurant, I wasn't bothered at that stage and was a bit irritated.
When I was leaving I asked for a taxi to the bus station and was told it would be 200 rupees. Fair enough, it was for early morning and I wasn't in the mood to haggle. However, I got a surprise as I was getting into the taxi and one of the guys from reception got in with me! I asked the driver what he was doing and the driver mumbled something or other about dropping him off. I told him I wasn't paying this guy's fare as well as my own and that if it was a problem I'd get another taxi. The reception guy promptly got out and I was dropped off at the bus station.
There were a couple of mornings where loud music was played from about 7am whilst the lads from the hotel cleaned the vacant rooms. This really irked me because it meant my sleep was broken and despite being tired, I couldn't sleep. Ridiculous.
Whilst the sheets were clean and the view was good, I reckon you can find better accommodation for less hassle and probably cheaper elsewhere and who knows, you may even get to sleep past 7am!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank lavajonation

Travellers are raving about these Shimla hotels