“good budget hotel and nice service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Sukh Sagar

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Shimla
Hotel Sukh Sagar
Ranked #49 of 111 Hotels in Shimla
Surat, India
“good budget hotel and nice service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2011

these hotel is excellent in all views value of money very nice hotel to stay in shimla in these budget decent food in low rate good staff i really enjoyed it and i would suggest these hotel for all in good rate
right now also i m in shimla and writing comment from my room

Room Tip: choose super deluxe room
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank javeshamu
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Polish first
Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

Abt sukh sagar the best thing I would say is the location of the hotel with it's large windows the view is absolute amazing. Food is nice and reasonably priced, service was Excellent every thing was spot on.Overall if u are looking value for money then this would be a definate recommended hotel to stay in.

• Stayed August 2011
4 Thank arbs84
Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

I stayed here for a few nights in September 2011. The room was modern enough and the view from my room was amazing, some of the prettiest scenery I have ever had the privilege to gaze upon.
However, I thought the price I paid was a bit much for what I got. There was no remote for the telly. I don't mind power outages, you expect them in India, but each time I had to ring reception to come and fix my lights - no idea why - but even after the lights went back on everywhere else in the hotel, I had to ring maintenance to come and fix mine. I saw cockroaches in my room and the cleanliness in the bathroom left a lot to be desired.
When I went to have dinner in their restaurant, I sat there for 20 minutes while many staff walked past me (a few even said hello!) but no one offered me a menu or took my order. I finally left and asked at reception if the restaurant was closed that evening and while they apologised profusely and tried to get me to go back into the restaurant, I wasn't bothered at that stage and was a bit irritated.
When I was leaving I asked for a taxi to the bus station and was told it would be 200 rupees. Fair enough, it was for early morning and I wasn't in the mood to haggle. However, I got a surprise as I was getting into the taxi and one of the guys from reception got in with me! I asked the driver what he was doing and the driver mumbled something or other about dropping him off. I told him I wasn't paying this guy's fare as well as my own and that if it was a problem I'd get another taxi. The reception guy promptly got out and I was dropped off at the bus station.
There were a couple of mornings where loud music was played from about 7am whilst the lads from the hotel cleaned the vacant rooms. This really irked me because it meant my sleep was broken and despite being tired, I couldn't sleep. Ridiculous.
Whilst the sheets were clean and the view was good, I reckon you can find better accommodation for less hassle and probably cheaper elsewhere and who knows, you may even get to sleep past 7am!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank lavajonation

Travellers are raving about these Shimla hotels

chennai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2011

The rooms and facilities are really good. Food was good and cheap..and the people especially the manager Vijay is a nice person who would suggest you about places in and around shimla the room we stayed costs around 1600.. comfortable and service was good...Good people..only drawback "no Lift facility after 2nd floor" so if ur taking elderly people book room in first two floors which you can go through lift. The hotel people have separate cab service to take for sightseeing and they give pamphlets and brochures about sightseeing spots and the details..Really good for a budget category..good climate during aug last week but you cant predict as it may vary depends on luck..

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank joannamalini
Bengaluru, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

me and my wife stayed in this hotel for a day. we were satisfied with their service. food was delicious. room was bit small but big enough for couple. our room had nice view of shimla hills. its at walkable distance from railway station near the victory tunnel. all himachal tourism buses leave from victory tunnel, so the location was good for us. mall road is about 0.5 km.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple