See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 February 2018

Note: Stay date was Jan 2017
We visited Shimla during peak season of Jan 2017. We had not booked any hotels, as we wanted to explore various stay options as per the season. We tried 5-6 hotels before settling on Hotel Rashik. They are located nearer the entry of Shimla and the rooms are along the hill sides. (You have to walk downstairs to access rooms. The rates were affordable (even cheaper than hotel apps/sites) and we were lucky to get rooms with good view. Few of their rooms are facing the hill so the view is not worth it. The rooms with valley view are really good (slightly expensive but worth it) We stayed in two rooms, both with a view. And the stay was very comfortable.
Beds were comfortable and the quilts were cozy. Extra quilts were available. Heater was available at extra cost. Room was decent size for two people and luggage.
Hot water was available 24/7. A very comfortable experience overall.
Food, however, was not very good though. We tried North Indian menu options, but were not impressed.
Free parking facility available.
Do visit during the winters to experience the beauty of Shimla. If ready to explore a bit, to try to look for hotel options on the fly instead of prebooking. You will get cheaper options this way.

Room tip: Choose rooms with a valley view. Some rooms have no view at all. So choose carefully
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

I visited with my family and it was a good time for me and my family. we enjoyed the stay at hotel. Food I cannot say. But we had tea which was good. We did not had food. The hotel was renovated recently so it clean. We booked a family suite which had 2 rooms. Nice view from both rooms. Hot water. Clean bathrooms. The only thing was that one of the fans was not working properly but as it was cool in the night so we did not bother much.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank jaspreet605
Reviewed 30 June 2017

Hotel is located near Mall road (walking short cut 15 min). Having touched to Main road finding hotel is very easy. Although hotel is touched to road room r quite.Hotel was just renewed in April 17 so everything was clean. Apart from cleanness staff was polite and services was excellent. Hotel is having good restaurant. Food quality and test was very good.

Overall very good option for stay away from main crowd but still close to mall road....

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2017

I got an awesome deal from Goibibo and stayed there with family for 2 nights. The lift was under construction at that time so that was the only thing I didn't like during my stay. The room we got had beautiful views of the valley that made the morning all the more beautiful. Overall, the experience was good and will definitely stay there whenever I visit Shimla.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

We are booked 06 rooms in that hotel ,rooms is not matched with published on site ,
Restaurant of that hotel is teste less and staff of that is rubbish ,
We are strongly recommend please does not booked and visit that hotel,

Date of stay: June 2017