We stayed here for 3 nights and can truthfully say that we've never stayed in a better hotel . After a day travelling by train from Delhi our party dragged through the door looking like a bunch of dirty, sweaty tramps. We were welcomed by what seemed like dozens of smiling immaculately dressed staff offering us refreshing towels and drinks. We were whisked off to our fabulous rooms, ours was on the top floor and was absolutely charming with wooden beams , a lovely bathroom and loads of character. After a quick scrub up, we donned our best clothes and joined our party for dinner. The dining room is superb and we were made to feel like royalty by the staff, who couldn't do enough for us. The food is buffet style and although not the biggest of choices, the quality was superb. After dinner, we all met up in the bar/lounge to mull over our day, and were pleasantly suprised at the bar prices, which were less than half of the other 3 hotels we had visited on our tour.
During our stay we used the pool several times and my husband had a hard job dragging me out of the jacuzzi....... I could have stayed in it for hours as it surely has to have one of the best views in the world !!
During our tour of India we stayed at 4 hotels , but what made The Oberoi stand head and shoulders above the rest was undoubtedly the staff. Staff in the other hotels were polite and efficient but they weren't friendly. The staff here are obviously encouraged to inter-act with the guests and the personal touch makes all the difference. Every time we returned to the hotel after a trip or a wander into the town, we were greeted with a genuine smile and the words 'welcome back'. I was fortunate enough to celebrate my 50th birthday during my stay and was presented with a lovely birthday cake and a rousing chorus of 'Happy Birthday'. The staff enquired about our day and had time to chat to us .......you don't stay in the Oberoi, you feel you live in it and are part of it. We could fault absolutely nothing, our stay was an absolute delight and we were sad to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is located in Shimla, the gateway to the majestic Himalayas. Downtown Hotel with Colonial styling, 1 km from Shimla Station & 22 km from Jubalhatti-Shimla Airport. The Hotel is situated at the quite end of the famous Mall and is an ideal base from which to discover the unique beauty of the spectacular Himalayan ranges, Cedar forests and ancient monasteries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, ClearTrip, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your The Oberoi Cecil, Shimla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oberoi Cecil - Shimla Hotel Shimla
- Oberoi Shimla
- Shimla Oberoi
- The Oberoi Cecil, Shimla Himachal Pradesh