We expected this to be the best hotel on our tour and it did not disappoint. The rooms and decor are ‘old’ style rather than modern and this provided an opulent feel. From the outset every member of staff was friendly, efficient and eager to please with an ever present smile. Restaurant service and food was second to none. We received excellent service from front and back room restaurant staff who prepared a special, local meal on one night followed by Goan quisine for us the next. The restaurant was not expensive and provided excellent value for money. For us, Shimla and the Cecil were the highlight of the tour. Downsides? Some of the gym equipment was dated and the Shimla monkeys can be intimidating. One actually opened our balcony door, came in and helped itself to an orange from the coffee table (keep doors closed AND locked). Despite this, an excellent hotel and highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is located in Shimla, the gateway to the majestic Himalayas. Downtown Hotel with Colonial styling, 1 km from Shimla Station & 22 km from Jubalhatti-Shimla Airport. The Hotel is situated at the quite end of the famous Mall and is an ideal base from which to discover the unique beauty of the spectacular Himalayan ranges, Cedar forests and ancient monasteries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct and Agoda so you can book your The Oberoi Cecil, Shimla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oberoi Cecil - Shimla Hotel Shimla
- Oberoi Shimla
- Shimla Oberoi
- The Oberoi Cecil, Shimla Himachal Pradesh