A very miserable and poor experience with this resort. Hopeless facility.
1) Location disadvantage: the resort is 3.5 km down the hill from main highway. There is only kutcha road, no signages on highway. People tend to across it till shoghi and then come back. You might call the kutcha road full of stones as a part of rural look and adventure, but the reality is if your car tyre bursts while returning from shimla midnight, then you are of nowhere.
2) A very unhygienic place- flies, flies every where. Being the jungle look, understand flies outside but it can’t be inside the rooms
3) Food- repeated menu everyday. Food once served is not warm/hot again. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are completely repeated every time. No fruits in breakfast which should be the first thing. Boiled eggs completely cold and two days old.
4) No presence of owner in the resort. Managed by a local boy.
5) They are fooling around with the customers : we asked for a taxi. for 4 adults, 2 kids and 1 infant the taxi called for us was a omni van (when we called bolero) and that too 4 seater. The irony was that they were expecting our children to stand at the back and that too for the whole day. Finally we had to pay rs 200 and cancel that taxi.
6) There is no housekeeping in rooms have not been cleaned since last three days.
7) Most unprofessional staff.
8) No medical facilities here in case of emergency. Not even a single tablet is there if someone fell sick.
9) No intercom list in the room, phones are dummy.
10) Water leakage in the bathrooms and there is no maintance when asked for.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MakeMyTrip, OYO Rooms, Yatra, ClearTrip, TripOnline SA and TravelGuru so you can book your Hotel Oakwood Hamlet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Oakwood Hamlet Shimla, Himachal Pradesh