If you are looking for peace of mind and place away from usual hush of city, then this is ideal place to be, though you will not have usual luxury of 4 or 5 stars however you will be enthrilled with excellent service and yummy food, This place is located in middle of 4-5 mountains in a middle of valley exactly 13 Kms before shimla, you will have to drive 3 Km down hill from NH 22, the road though is not adequetly formed however all your mental blocks wipe away when you move into this little cosy resort. This place is just beside a smal village called shungal and is absolutely safe. All rooms gives your adequete privacy. The staff is absolutely courteous and so is the owner. Roooms though do not provide absolutely luxury however all the basic needs are catered by absolutely diligent staff. Traditional Indian food is awesome. they will cook menu of your liking if they are not occupied fully. Dont miss the Trek/Jungle walk which their resident proffesional Satish will take you to, The experience is amazing with very carefull approach as the trek might be slippery in Monssons. Reaching on top of hill thru 2 km uphill trek and moving from one hill to another hill top was amazing experience where all the other hills/valley are below your sight, Also not to be missed are small adventure sports which they offer on FOC as they are thrilling. Water/electricity is not an issue. Rooms are maintained cleanly seeing the location. Best part is that you awake early morning with chrping of the birds. Have tea/coffee in garden which give you awesome experience as you sit in middle of geen valley, you can spend hours there without doing anything provided whether is cooperative as it rained quite frequently during our visit which is one more nice experience. At the end I would say that it is a value for money stay in middle of nature and those who love nature and love writing/reading/painting/treakkinng/adventure/peace this place is ideal.
Few other pluses:
1) This location is adequete if you want to be away from hush of city, for change you can visit Shimla which is less then half an hour drive, Chail which is 1 hour drive, Kufri - about 1 hour.
2) You can go for long walks in jungle which is safe.
3) Enjoy Sunset and sun rise from hill top.
4) Delicious food on demand. their speciality is traditional indian food. Their cook might not understand very specific chinese/continental etc but can make anyhing on request.
5) 2-3 night stay is great.
Few points of improvement:
1) Cleanilness can be improved.
2) doors and windows require mandatory adjustments rather then depending upon just chitkinis.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MakeMyTrip, ClearTrip, Yatra, OYO Rooms and TravelGuru so you can book your Hotel Oakwood Hamlet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Oakwood Hamlet Shimla, Himachal Pradesh