Best thing about Snow King retreat is it's location. Whatever you pay for this resort 70% worth is of climate. It's on the Fagu top and from there it seems you are at the top of Himalaya. View from the resort was awesome and clouds are all around us. We have not seen sun for 2 days. Icing on the cake is that it's all lush green in and around the resort. Actually it is surrounded by forest and there is no residents around it. Silence is such that you don't have to put your phone on ear to talk. So this is about surrounding and climate, which is the major highlight of the resort. Let's come to other aspect of resorts.
1. Room: Rooms are not lavish and are strictly o.k. So do not accept much from rooms. They use DTH, which don't work at all as it mostly remains cloudy thru out. Hot water is badly needed and they have geysers so that's not the problem. Sleep is comfortable but it's a fact that rooms are not par with price they are seeking. But again it doesn't make sense to sit in room either in such a climate.
2.Food: At first when I enter the resort we are the lone guest. Everyone seems to be in sleeping mode so I was afraid for the freshness of breakfast we have ordered. It took 1hr for them to bring Omlettes and Pranthas. But they are freshly cooked and tastes good too. Main course is also very good. But you don't expect choice of dishes as location is remote and you have to request in advance if you want them to cook something specific.
3.In house Entertainment: They have play room with pool table, carrom board, 3 or 4 game machines and striker game(All are paid). Than open playing area where they have toy train, ball pool and some rides for children. They also provide you with cricket kit and Badminton set on request. They have discotheque which is good but don't expect an expert DJ. They arrange Karoake night where you can test your singing skill( We enjoyed it the most) and they also allow you to take your own liquor in bar. Revolving restaurant is also there but it don't add anything to your fun. All this if you utilise do make your holiday a worth.
Negative: Location is too remote and 1.5 KM of path to resort is a forest property which is very bad. Even tyre of our Innova got puncture and we have to request the pick from resort. In night if emergency arise it's not easy to leave for the main town as road is bad and without light. So bring the stock of medicine with you. Actually I requested for thermometer at 7:00 P.M. for which they refused as it's not possible to leave the area at this time. But they do provide it in 1 hr from the house keeping stock.
Positive: Location is remote but peaceful and climate is amazing as height is 9000 ft which is 2000 ft more than Shimla. Staff is very good and cooperative. In fact they give it their best on your request but they have limitation due to remoteness of location.
Conclusion: Can spend 1 night here if you visit Shimla. Climate, view and peace itself is worthy enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Snow King Retreat is a picturesque and beautiful Retreat situated at a great location of Fagu Hill Top at 9000 ' (MSL) Adjoining dense forest, which makes the head swim and the heart pound against the quiet of the forest. Just 4.6 kms from Kufri on Narkanda Road and gets MAXIMUM HEAVY SNOW during season as compared with surrounding areas, including Kufri since the resort is higher than Kufri.Peace and freedom of nature is guaranteed at Snow King Retreat located at Highest Hill of Himachal. The beauty of Snow King Retreat is based primarily on its cool mountain air, its abundance of luxuriant vegetation and its peace and tranquility. Our Mountview Conference hall is well equipped with Multimedia Projector and can accommodate up to 100 Delegates. Guests at Snow King Retreat enjoy a high level of services and comfortable accommodation at affordable rates that makes this one of the most popular retreat in its class. We provide different accommodations Log Hut, Cane Hut, Bamboo Hut, Family Suits, Deluxe Rooms, Super Deluxe Rooms, Honeymoon Rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, ClearTrip, Yatra and Agoda so you can book your Snow King Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Snow King Retreat Shimla, Himachal Pradesh