“The Best”

Ranked #7 of 111 Hotels in Shimla
Bengaluru, India
“The Best”
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I never experience my holidays better that this ever. It was ideal place to be with excellent hospitality, Peaceful, natural & most importantly that we met most passionate & honest host in my life. Krish Rauni is not another resort. It is running and maintained by their truthfulness, hospitality and their culture. And, i believe this is the best way to define them. God Bless!

And, homemade food cooked by Mrs Kishore was icing on the cake! You just simply go and let them take over.

It looks far from Shimla but totally worth it!

PS: Am planning for my 2nd trip. Here i come!

Room Tip: Share your trip plans with Mr Kishore!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Abi_2285
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 9 January 2012

My visit to Krish Rauni Resort was superb, Mr and Mrs. Kishore made us feel absolutely at home. The ambiance- star covered sky, greenery, the apple orchards and especially the snow peaked mountains at the distant ends, made our 4 days just soo peaceful. Our site seeing visits and adventure trekking to the hatu peak and the Mandir downhill was also a memorable experience. The services provided were first class, they were attending to our smallest of needs. Rooms were comfortable and always sanitized at regular hours. Food was another factor, we just could not stop eating...Aunty and uncle made our new year worthwhile. This place is definitely a must visit. The scenic beauty will just blow away a true traveler.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Arja28
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Reviewed 9 January 2012

My friends and I had planned to celebrate new years at Krish Rauni Resort in Matiana. This was one of the most memorable new years my friends and I have ever spent. We reached Matiana on the 28th of December where we were welcomed by chilly winds and a beautiful star lit sky. When we entered the resort we were given a very warm welcome by the hosts Mr. and Mrs. Kishore along with their son Vineet. They suggested the best places to visit and also organized events in the evening such as bonfire, tambola, etc. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. The food was absolutely amazing and the atmosphere was very homely. It is a true home away from home. I would suggest all travelers to go experience the natural beauty of Matiana and the home like atmosphere at Krish Rauni.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Adi2209
Reviewed 5 January 2012

If you enjoy tranquility and natural beauty then this is “heaven on earth.” Upon first sight, I cancelled my commitments so I could stay longer at one of the most serene, picturesque places I’ve ever seen or imagined. I highly recommend for anyone wishing to escape from the urban chaos. Be ready to put on a little weight as Shobhna creates delicious food, and generous portions. The hospitality, food and views are excellent. You may arrive as Kishore amd Shobna’s guests but you will leave as part of the family.

Room Tip: I think the corner room, (Royal?) is worth the few extra rupees as you see both the sun rise and the...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank stellair123
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We had plan of visiting Shimla and decided this hotel based on the good reviews from tripadvisor. When I called Kishore (proud owner of this beautiful place), based on my plan he started explaining both advantage and disadvantage of the stay in Matiana, which hardly any business minded resorts do.

From there, it was totally warm experience all together. He made follow up calls and took total responsibility in organizing cab for pickup, local sight seeing and evening our Manali transportation arrangements. We are frequent travelers and confidently say that, it is the best place to stay.

Even before our arrival, everything was in place (hot water, cookies, tea and breakfast) so that we don't waste our precious holiday time in waiting for these. They suggested the best places to visit and organized Christmas celebrations (wasn't part of our package and neither they charged us), you can never find hotel which serves dry fruits as snacks along with other mouth watering dishes.I can keep writing about them but I wish all my fellow travelers to experience.

All the best "Krish Rauni" and continue your good service