“Awesome” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 111 Hotels in Shimla
delhi
“Awesome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

Me and my 10 friends stayed in Kapil for 2 days. We had booked the penthouse and 4 other rooms in the hotel. Penthouse is the top floor and has the most amazing view of shimla. Hotel gives you feel of the most comforting experience. The mall road is just next to you in walking distance.Hotel service is awesome. They are the best in there service. People are soft spoken and are keen to serve you with there best.
I loved the stay there and would stay there when ever i am in Shimla again.

Room Tip: Choose super deluxe.on 1st floor
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
Ratnagiri, Maharashtra, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

Just stayed for two days in hotel, loved it!! nice view, nice service n above all wifi internet service adds all luxury u want.. wished i could stay there more, was with my friends n none of us can forget Hotel kapil.. nxt time if i m in shimla, will be in kapil for stay n for more days!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pushparaj0750
Fresno, California, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

My wife and I went to Shimla for one night and looking for a decent hotel to stay since it was late when we arrived in Shimla. We didn't want anything pricy (only to sleep) but a clean and comfortable place to rest. Our driver took us to this place. We were skeptical (my wife especially) at first and we asked to view the room we were going to get for the night before we booked. Room looked great, especially for the price. Staff was very courtious, polite and friendly. View of Shimla valley was great from the room. We didn't have full meals from the hotel but, chai and some toast. Dishes were clean and room service was prompt. All in all it was a great choice. I will definitely stay at Kapil Hotel again....when I go back to Shimla.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank rupindervirk
Noida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

This hotel is really awesome for staying and enjoying the perfect view of Shimla. I think this could be the best Hotel near Mall road. We had taken the pent house in the hotel and it was a perfect choice with very beautiful rooms and a terrace where we enjoyed morning tea a lot. The food is of great taste. Once you try the food or breakfast you will always prefer to have your meal at the hotel only with very decent price. The hotel staff are really nice and special thanks to Mr. Kunal for guiding us for seight seeing and providing pick up and drop to Railway staion with Taxi. Special thanks to Ramesh, the Taxi Man, a very nice person to meet. I have decided whenever there is a second visit to Shila may be during winters, this Hotel is my first choice to stay. I highly recommend this hotel for a pleasent stay to all the people who are going to visit Shimla in future.

Room Tip: The pent house is best choice but the deleuxe suite and normal rooms are at good locations
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Avanish_Singh
Mumbai, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I came to know about kapil hotel through tripadvisor.. I checked their website and was little bit skeptical if the reviews/pics are latest & correct. I am really glad to write this review that the stay at kapil hotel was awesome.
After clearing my doubts and queries I made the reservations for the penthouse... The penthouse had a private terrace with a fantastic view of the whole shimla valley. The room was spacious, warm with comfortable bed & pillows well made with 2 clean extra quilts. The bathroom was very clean with an encloser for the shower, hot running water through out.
I stayed with my family for 2 nights and I had a great time. At night the view was spectacular with pin drop silence everywhere. We had a great comfortable peaceful sleep. The shimla mall road is just on a walk of 10 mins uphill which passes through lakkar bazaar or tibetian market where one can shop.
The attendant / steward for the penthouse was very courteous, infact the hotel staff was very soft spoken and helpful. I had my breakfast and dinner at the hotel and i must tell this that I enjoyed the every bit of it. It tasted awesome.
After being skeptical about the hotel I can now say confidently that all the reviews, pics are genuine and I will definately recommend to my friends, family & colleagues choosing this hotel.

Room Tip: Take any room facing towards the valley... which i guess they have all the rooms facing the valley.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family