“Unforgettable Stay”

Ranked #3 of 111 Hotels in Shimla
Mumbai, India
“Unforgettable Stay”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I came to know about kapil hotel through tripadvisor.. I checked their website and was little bit skeptical if the reviews/pics are latest & correct. I am really glad to write this review that the stay at kapil hotel was awesome.
After clearing my doubts and queries I made the reservations for the penthouse... The penthouse had a private terrace with a fantastic view of the whole shimla valley. The room was spacious, warm with comfortable bed & pillows well made with 2 clean extra quilts. The bathroom was very clean with an encloser for the shower, hot running water through out.
I stayed with my family for 2 nights and I had a great time. At night the view was spectacular with pin drop silence everywhere. We had a great comfortable peaceful sleep. The shimla mall road is just on a walk of 10 mins uphill which passes through lakkar bazaar or tibetian market where one can shop.
The attendant / steward for the penthouse was very courteous, infact the hotel staff was very soft spoken and helpful. I had my breakfast and dinner at the hotel and i must tell this that I enjoyed the every bit of it. It tasted awesome.
After being skeptical about the hotel I can now say confidently that all the reviews, pics are genuine and I will definately recommend to my friends, family & colleagues choosing this hotel.

Room Tip: Take any room facing towards the valley... which i guess they have all the rooms facing the valley.
3 Thank Ankur S
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We were celebrating our Marriage anniversary in shimla and this is our first visit to shimla. Kapil has given complimentary pick up from the railway station. The Hotel room is really good and it looks same as thier website says. Hotel Staff is cordial and helpful. Food is good.
We enjoyed our stay and the view. I will recommend to my friends this is worth for your money.
Only draw back is that, it is 2 km (approximately) away from the mall road but you can enjoy the walk.

Room Tip: Ask for valley facing room.
2 Thank Anil_Konkimalla
Mumbai, India
Reviewed 22 April 2012

we stayed here for 4D/3N, the rooms are compact but clean, hygienic, sophisticated. You cant get a better deal than this... it's 10 mins away from the Ridge, it's an uphill walk, but it's really worth it... they take good care of their guests... the view of sunset from the room is really awesome!

Go for it... you wont get disappointed.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank tarungags
Maple Ridge, Canada
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We found this place based on reviews on trip advisor and we weren't disappointed. We stayed in the family room for 2 nights and enjoyed it very much.

It is within walking distance of the main mall. Shopping and restaurants are all located along the mall.

Our hotel room was clean and a decent size. The staff were very accommodating when we asked for extra sheets and towels. The beds and pillows were comfortable.

The shower is the first one we have had in India that is enclosed so that the whole bathroom floor doesn't get wet when you use it. Fantastic.

Our room had a beautiful view over the whole valley.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. When I checked out I had forgotten to mention that we hadn't received something from our room service order. When I did mention it they quickly subtracted it from the bill without question. Appreciated that.

Ordered breakfasts from the room service menu and enjoyed the dishes we chose.

I can definitely recommend choosing this hotel to stay at when you visit Shimla. If you need directions it is just before you come to the Radisson. Everyone seems to know where that hotel is. Just follow directions to it and then keep your eyes open. It is just around the corner before you come to the Radisson.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view over the valley. That way you can enjoy the sunsets. We stayed in the fam...
5 Thank Michele D
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We stayed in two different rooms; standard and deluxe. Both were super clean and comfortable, neither had a view or large window. The deluxe room was bigger and decorated a little more. Hot water was available. The location was very good, within easy walking distance of the Mall - 10mins uphill. The staff were very friendly. Kapil is good value for money and I would not hesitate to reccomend.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple