All reviews jama masjid kite flying red fort narrow lanes mughal era kofta spice market classical indian music rooftop terrace old dehli delhi street traditional hotel hotel stuff real india every evening modern amenities our room was spacious
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

We had the most beautiful stay in Haveli Dharampura on our recent trip to India. A hidden jewel in the middle of old Delhi, the Haveli is hidden a short walk down a laneway where the porters meet you as cars can’t fit. Passing smiling locals and wandering cows you arrive at a wonderfully restored piece of architecturural history. Greeted warmly with fresh orange juice before shown to stunning rooms the Haveli is an opened space piece of tranquility. Don’t miss the kite flying on the roof as the view over Delhi is special. The food is delicious and I highly recommend eating there if you can. The chefs made us special breakfasts at our request the next morning too. The staff are extremely warm and friendly and everyone has the biggest smile. I will definitely be back to stay and highly recommend it if you want to experience Delhi with authenticity ( with a lot of comfort too)

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank GemmaG1692
HaveliManager, Guest Relations Manager at WelcomHeritage Haveli Dharampura, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Greetings of the day,

Many thanks for your visit and sparing your valuable time to review us on Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to receive your generous comments for our haveli that is a blend of traditional architecture and modern facilities in a pristine setting on the edge of a Asia’a biggest mosque- The Jama Masjid. It gives us an immense sense of satisfaction to know that you had memorable experience at the Haveli.

Reviewed 20 April 2018

We recently stayed for 3 nights - and we loved it! A lovely welcome with beads and a blessing - how lovely! We had 2 rooms, and both were comfortable, cool and well appointed. A comfy bed, and a great shower. The hotel itself is a beautiful restoration, and the staff are delightful, very helpful and friendly.
The restaurant is fabulous, we loved our 2 dinners here - so delicious. We also enjoyed cocktails and snacks throughout our stay. The breakfast is delicious also. We loved sitting on the rooftop and watch the sun go down. We loved the traditional touches - kite flying, watching pigeons being fed and the traditional dancing of an evening. It was great to stay in such a bustling part of Old Delhi and then be able to retreat to this gorgeous place at the end of the day. It was just as lovely as I had hoped. Thanks for a great stay!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Chris L

Reviewed 18 April 2018

We really enjoyed our stay at this Haveli. It was not the cheapest option in Delhi but therefor you get an unique place. We never stayed at a haveli-housestyle before, but it takes you immediately in the imagination of old India as you would imagine it. The rooftop terrace is beautiful with the Jama Masjid close by that brings you into a world above the busy Old-Delhi’s-streetlevel-world: people on many surrounding rooftops, some of them do kite-flying, some of them meet there to relax at sunset, some raptors in the sky – absolutely calm in comparison to the city’s normal chaos. Our recommendation is to bring your drinks up there to enjoy the scenery.
Unlike precedent comments I would definitely describe the neighbourhood NOT as ‘rough’ – It’s only a part of Old-Delhi. And Old-Delhi is what it is: a dazzling maze of alleys, people and impressions. Something I never experienced before. If you come to the hotel for the first time, tell your taxi-driver to drop you at the police-post next to gate 3 of Jama Masjid. Tell him then to call the reception (to have their telephone-number handy would be helpful here) which will then send a hotelboy to help you with your luggage and finding ways. (Otherwise it’s a short way from the police post to the entrance if you have GPS and some basic orientationally skills)
The food in the restaurant is delicious and the whole premise is kept perfectly thanks to the attentive staff of whom we would like to highlight 2 warm characters who made our stay so special and comfortable: Bihm and one of the receptionists (name forgotten but see picture)
Thanks also again to the reception which posted our postcards!!!!!
We stayed at a Jharoka room, which is absolutely nice and cosy but really small. If you have much luggage and don’t hesitate to spend more money you better go for a Dhiwan room.
The courtyard is after our notion – unnecessarily - quite noisy due to the 2 air conditioners at the groundfloor in the corner and the music from speakers with which they try to overtone the noise of the air conditioner-machines. I m quite sure that tourists after a busybusy super-noisy day in Delhi would appreciate a nice calm evening inside the hotel, so I hope there will be a reconsideration about that concept till we come the next time .

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Weite W

Greetings of the day,

We have taken your feedback regrading the cooler noise and the team is working on the same. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Haveli Dharampura.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

I was looking forward to my stay at Haveli Dharampura and my experience certainly did not disappoint. Haveli is uniquely positioned as the perfect location in which to experience the heritage of hundreds of years of culture and and to see first hand a way the diversity, colour, sights, and sounds of urban life. Haveli is stylish, very comfortable, the staff are helpful and the food was amazing! I would recommend that Haveli look at doing more with the rooftop area to cater for guest and provide a bar and snack service with comfortable chairs and tables for guests to enjoy this outdoor space.

Room tip: The mid-range suite was spacious, well appointed, clean and will all necessary facilities.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank thetassiegirl
HaveliManager, Guest Relations Manager at WelcomHeritage Haveli Dharampura, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Greetings of the day,

We have taken your feedback regrading the rooftop and the team is working on the same. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Haveli Dharampura.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

A stunning building.I went for dinner with my best friend. It is like stepping back in time and into a palace. Fantastic service, fantastic food.A dance performance. My only regret is that I hadn’t gone in the daytime to get better pics.

Trip type: Travelled with friends