“Crawling with RATS”

Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 15
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Took a colleague for dinner on 21 January 2012. We hadn't been long seated when we saw a huge black rat run past our table into the kitchen. The manager faked surprise but we got the impression from the waiters that this was normal. Food was pleasant enough but the evening was ruined by at least 5 rats regularly scuttling around the tables and most worrying heading into the kitchen. One Indian guy at the table next to us stamped his foot on one rat, injuring it, but it still scuttled off. Despite this horrible experience we had to make a fuss just to get a small discount off our bill. AVOID unless you want to dine with rodents present. This place would be shut down if it were in Europe and the attitude of the manager was terrible.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 20 January 2012

This seems like a Good Old Place.. they have creatively survived in today's competitive world..

Reviewed 13 January 2012

The place has tasty and good food. Prices are slightly on the expensive side. The ambience is good. Has existed for many years now and is still widely visited. The place is crowded on weekends and there might be a long wait before one gets a table.

Reviewed 13 December 2011

The decor is nice, but it is over priced and the taste is not great. Its no where close to authentic punjabi taste. The happy hour offer is not good either. The sandwich was with stale bread and beer wasnt chilled. Butter chicken gravy had whole pcs of veggies !

Reviewed 7 December 2011

I have been a regular here for almost 10yrs now and almost 80% of the staff knows me.
I would love to pinpoint what I had to endure, why am I doing it so late will be explained later.

This particular incident happened in summers last year. My brother in law had come from Dubai on a leave and I thought of taking him and wifey out for dinner at UCH like we always do. Parked our car in the parking lot and while walking to the restaurant I got bit by a stray dog.

Asked for an antiseptic upon getting seated in the upper floor of the restaurant, the guy serving our table said they didn't have it with them? o.O

How can they run a restaurant without a first-aid kit? I insisted on getting an antiseptic and even was willing to pay for it alongwith overhead charges for the guy getting it (read tip). My request was again turned down!!!

I literally had to raise my voice to seek the help I needed and finally was provided with a bottle of antiseptic.

Went downstairs to wash the dog bite. The guy who was taking order for our table remarked, "yeh to pagal hai" (he is crazy).

He said that behind my back though in the presence of my wife and brother in law.

After a couple of weeks, I planned a dinner outing with my wife to UCH and to my horror she narrated the incident to me! I was furious!

This is not what you expect from people in service industry!!!

Unfortunately, that guy is still there!

Overall, the food is good but highly overpriced.

Service sucks !!!