All reviews common room nice rooftop hauz khas village bed dorm green park metro station couple of nights south delhi place to stay other guests india trip hot shower rooms are clean top floor tuk tuk airport pickup home away from home nice stay
Reviewed 14 March 2016 via mobile

Lovely hostel, clean and comfy. I stayed in the 10er mixed form and was probably the only girl in the room but it felt very safe. All guests were nice travellers and I spent a day with two girls I met in the common room. The decor in the common area and on the rooftop is chic and hip. I like chilling in these areas a bit too much especially after missing my flight back home...luckily Vasu and Om helped me to book a new ticket immediately when I was in a huge panic. They've been very kind and helpful, informative, laid-back, and they manage the hostel really well! If I visit Delhi again, I'll definitely go back. Hope to see you in HK, Vasu, and let me return the favour :) Anabelle

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
JugaadHostels, Owner at Jugaad Hostels, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2016

Hi Anabelle

Thanks for your wonderful words. We are always here to help our guest and I am glad that we were able to do that for you as well. Hope you had a safe flight back home. We look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed 10 March 2016

We had a lovely stay at Jugaad! The private-room bed was comfortable, the bathrooms clean and the decor is neat & minimalistic. Although this room does not have windows we didn't feel the lack of it - we spent most of our waking hours on the terrace, where there are plenty of chairs and hammocks to relax and a ping-pong table too! There's a self-service kitchen on the terrace which guests are free to use and lends an air of homeliness for people who are staying here for longer periods of time.
Vasu, Udit and Om were super helpful, great to hang out with and made us feel very comfortable right away. They gave us tons of suggestions for places to get good food or visit, which is perfect if you're a stranger to these parts!
The hostel is located in a good, safe part of town. The access to the building seems out of the way or awkward at first. But if you access it from the main Church Rd, it's very easy to find. The relaxed residential neighbourhood with evening local markets are way better than the terribly crowded, tout-filled areas in paharganj. For the same cost, this is definitely your best bet if you're a budget traveller, solo or in small/large groups!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple

Hi Namita,

Thanks for your wonderful words. We absolutely loved hosting you guys at the hostel. Hopefully will see you soon!!!

Reviewed 9 March 2016

Really clean. Free Wifi. Beautifully designed spaces. Wide open terrace with hammocks and swings. Tastefully done common room replete with board games, television and a guitar. And most importantly chilled out and friendly staff and proprietors. We were a large group of 12 people and we really had a ball of a time here. Also if you are alone and travelling on a budget and don't mind making new friends, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business

Hi Shashwata,

Thanks for your wonderful words. Hopefully will see you soon!!!

Reviewed 5 March 2016 via mobile

Jugaad hostel is a very nice place with comfortable doorms and also a great private room. Their terrace is amazing and relaxing. It's location is convinient and I loved and enjoyed the street market of vegetables and fruits just downstairs, it makes you have a better experience of its people. And the most important for me to highlight is the warmth and kind people at Jugaad, Vasu and his team are always willing to help you on your requirements!!! I really felt like at home there and I highly recommend this place to traveler lovers :)

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo

Hi Katia,

Thanks for your wonderful words. Hopefully will see you soon!!!

Reviewed 4 March 2016 via mobile

First of all, if it's your first time in India you are most likely get a culture shock, no matter where you stay.
Most of the hotels, hostels and guests houses in India are dirty comparing to Europe or even other countries in Asia. This place looks relatively clean.

The staff were very nice and helpful in my experience. The place has nice sitting area on the rooftop and a small self service kitchen which is nice.

The main drawbacks for me were the fact that the room had no windows, the stairs didn't have safety rails and the location of the hostel wasn't so nice in my opinion.

The main area of the backpackers is called the main bazaar rd, and it's probably better to stay there if it's your first time in the city. The staff of the Hostel told us that the main bazaar is too crowded and too many people try to scam you, which is true, however being outside of that area makes it hard to talk with other travels and find good places to eat.
When you experience culture shock maybe it is better to be around many other travellers who have a little bit more experience in India (but see it through the eyes of tourist like you).

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Udit_Jugaad, Owner at Jugaad Hostels, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2016

Hi Tal,

Firstly I agree that staying in the Main market area does have its benefits, like you can meet other travelers, but what we miss in vicinity we more than well make up in helping people out with info on traveling and enjoying in Delhi/India. If the location takes away one benefit it gives you many others like you dont have to keep looking out for scams and people trying to cheat you for every small thing.

As for good places to eat, we are next to the main cafe and art district of Delhi, Hauz Khas and some amazing markets like the Deer Park, Greenpark Market, Shahpur Jat etc with the best cafe's, restaurants and night life of Delhi.

The reason we are are located here is so people get to see the more relaxed and laid back side of Delhi, away from the touristy ghettos which are representative of all the reasons why people try to avoid Delhi like aggressiveness, scams etc.

Thanks for your feedback on the cleanliness and the rooftop and also about the window and the handrails. We accept the +ve graciously and the -ve very seriously and will take the necessary steps to correct the same.

Thanks again for your feedback and I regret that you felt we were not a good bang for your buck.

Happy Travels