“Currently in Delhi? Have to do this!”

Pete For India Travel
Ranked #16 of 71 Food & Drink in New Delhi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Pete For India is a non-profit initiative, based in New Delhi, India and operating across the North of India.80 Percent of Profits from all of our ventures go directly towards our Non-governmental organisation (NGO) Pete(Providing Education To Everyone) to benefit the local communities and people. Our Charitable tours incorporate exploration of exciting locations while supporting local, grassroots education projects and women's empowerment programs in New Delhi, Uttrakhand.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Baby buggy parking, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 9 April 2015

I join a city tour with slum walk with PETE and this was just awesome! On the morning we started with the slum walk. Incredible to see how people live in those hard conditions. After 2 hours walking in the slum, we left for the city tour. We have been to Laxmi Narayan Temple, Humayun Tomb, India Gate and to a Sikh Temple (Gurudwara Bangla Sahib). It was such a good tour, and the guide explained us so many interesting things about those sites! I really recommend this, and thank PETE team again!

Date of experience: April 2015
in 38 reviews
"heartbreaking"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 4 April 2015

I used services of pete for my french wife and her family trip to india and we are pleased that we found this co. Who gives back to communities out ofm the profits.

Date of experience: February 2015
1  Thank 715danishk
Reviewed 26 March 2015

This is a must to do when In dehli, to see and feel the reality of people living In one of the biggest slums In new delhi is one eye opening experience. If it was Upp to me i would send young people from Norway to see and learn from this wonderful people that have almost nothing but still have a smile to give !! The children you will meet will melt Your heart and make you smile a lot.

My guide laxmi that Are almost like a mother theresa for people In the slum ,guided us safly around the different areas of the slum where over 40000 people lives. This wonderful woman lived all here Life In the slum so you could not Get a better person to guide you In this area.

The non profit organisator peteindia is the one that organise this slum walk, and i would say you would not Get a better organisation to organise this walks.

I would recomend you to contact the manager shiva to make the slum walk and maybe Even sign Upp as a voulantair.

Kjetil paulsen
Actor from Norway

Date of experience: March 2015
1  Thank kjetil2015
Reviewed 5 February 2015

Having an opportunity to safely navigate the slums of Delhi was an extraordinary experience. So much life, energy, and surprisingly happiness! I think this is an essential tour if you plan to visit Delhi, an opportunity to see a different walk of life and change the way you look at your own! I also did the PETE 'Foodie Tour'- which was great, as we had a brilliant local student guide us through the chaos and colour of Old Delhi! Would recommend to everyone...

Date of experience: February 2015