“A Perfect Day in Delhi”

Old Delhi Street Food Tour
US$ 11.25*
Small-Group Delhi Slum Tour: Sanjay Colony
More attraction details
Owner description: Reality Tours and Travel is a responsible tour operator providing fun and authentic experiences around India. We invest 80% of our profits back into the communities we visit through our NGO Reality Gives. We are especially well known for our educational Dharavi and Sanjay Colony Slum Tours that show visitors the industrial and residential areas of Indian slums. We also offer city, village, multi-day and customized tours. Our tours educate visitors about the issues as well as opportunities in slums and hopes to encourage them to understand underprivileged communities better. We use 80% of the tour profits and 100% of merchandise profits to fund our sister-NGO Reality Gives that runs and supports a variety of programs in Dharavi and Sanjay Colony. Our goal is to provide authentic and though-provoking local experiences through our tours and to use the profits to create change in our communities. Our vision is a world where all tourism promotes cross-cultural understanding and local development. Our NGO, Reality Gives, provides young people in the local community with high quality education and experiences to help them maximize their potential. We do this by focusing on English, Computer and Life Skills classes as well as a series of activities and workshop in expressive art and sport. We run these program out of three community centres around Dharavi and are currently setting up similar projects in Sanjay Colony.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed 9 December 2014

We went on the Delhi sightseeing tour with Pradeep today and cannot recommend it enough. It was the perfect introduction to this amazing city.

Pradeep helped us decide on which monuments and attractions to experience before we left and was more than open to changing our plans mid-day (and we did). This planning and accommodation, mixed with Pradeep's robust knowledge and great personality (and English) made for an incredible tour of Delhi that was truly tailored to our enjoyment.

We were referred to Reality Tours by a friend and will most certainly pass the recommendation on. In fact, we enjoyed it so much that we have signed up for the Delhi Food Tour the day after tomorrow.

1  Thank ashab2012
Stephanie H, CEO at Reality Tours & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2014

We're happy we could help you enjoy Delhi! Please thank your friend for recommending us. Word of mouth is extremely important, especially since we quite new in Delhi! Thanks again! :)

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Reality Tours & Travel

Reviewed 9 December 2014

I came across Reality tours & travel whilst searching for the best tour company as I was traveling to India for the very first time. Upon reading some fantastic reviews, I decided to book the tour through Pradeep. I went with Sanjay colony slums in Delhi, and through Pradeep we were able to see the reality of slums in India. It was an eye opening experience, goes to show we should always learn to appreciate life and count our blessing.

Pradeep was an expert at tours, he was able to answer any questions we had and was able to elaborate more on any topic we discussed. Very honest and reliable. He was very polite, helpful, patient and the information and history they provided on the tour was outstanding. It was great. He showed me things that I never thought I would see in my life. I will recommend Reality tours to anyone who is traveling to India. God Bless :)

1  Thank Haydz88

We're so happy you enjoyed your time with us! Thanks for helping us spread the word!

Reviewed 8 December 2014

Hi Everyone, I am from Sydney Australia. I went on tours in Delhi and Mumbai with Pradeep and Suraj this trip to anyone travelling to India.
The guys were great, it's an experi, it was great. They showed me things that I never thought I would see in my life. They were very polite, helpful, patient and the information and history they provided on the tour was outstanding. I will recommend ence I will never forget. God Bless them :)

1  Thank Roops M
Stephanie H, CEO at Reality Tours & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2014

Thanks for visiting us in both Delhi and Mumbai! We appreciate your enthusiastic support and are so happy you enjoyed our guides, Pradeep and Suraj.

Reviewed 6 December 2014

Outstanding tours and the food tour was the highlight of our India trip. India certainly provides a culture shock to westerners and this company provides a professional and very informative tour of a very different way of life and culture. Great value for money and very happy that this company supports its community with a percentage of profits made. So full by the end of the food tour and visited many places that would have been way too far out of our comfort zone for 'safe eating' had we not had a local guide to show us all the food delights of old Delhi. The chilli market was awesome.

2  Thank Smart3280
Stephanie H, CEO at Reality Tours & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! The chili market is one of my favourites as well. :)

Reviewed 6 December 2014

Pradeep was a wonderful and professional guide and I'd highly recommend this for anyone visiting Delhi. I visited the Sanjay Colony and then the Food Tour, both were excellent and exceeded my expectations.

It's so wonderful to see a different side of Delhi. Although the Sanjay Colony was a 'slum tour' it was done very respectfully - in small groups and no photographs. The food tour was simply amazing and tailored to my food preferences - and I actually couldn't eat any more by the end of it.

This is undoubtedly the best way to experience Delhi!

Wow! Thanks for the big compliment! We know that there is lots to do in Delhi, so the fact that you rated our tour so highly means the world to us. Pradeep was excited to read your compliments and had such a fun time showing you around. All the best.