New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #622 of 703 Hotels in New Delhi
Mumbai, India
“Good Location but.......”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2011

I came across Silver Ferns only when I got to know how difficult it is to find a good hotel in Delhi for hell lot of money! The hotel over net seemed okay to me but my visit did not yield equivalent results. Its located at one of the most cherished locations of Delhi, Community Centre (PVR) Saket, lot of people have spent good amount of college time at this place. I don't know for whatever reasons this could have been better.

I will come to pluses:
1. Good location, many restaurants around, movie hall, good crowed and what not!
2. Compared to location, reasonable charges.
3. Rooms were good.

Minuses:
1. The day I went their system was not working so they did not give me room key, instead they said that they have master key, whenever I wanna open the room I would have to call them. I would say this breach of privacy and inconvenience.
2. Breakfast spread was bad.
3. Check-out experience was even more bad, I offered Amex card they initially said they will accept, but after 15 minutes of effort they declined saying there seems to be some problem in my card. Check-out took at least 45 minutes despite I was only in the queue.
4. Staff was good but lacked that scale.

I think this could have been much much better than it is today.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank vkmittalin
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
istanbul
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2010

The hotel is a small hotel and in my opinion, its location is very good. Although not near to many tourist attractions, just a few steps away there are many restaurants, bars, kiosks. (and Delhi is huge city, it is difficult to find a hotel near to all attractions)

The rooms are small but modern and interior of the building is quite new.
However the hotel is under construction (we were there at September 9th, 2010) and I mean a serious construction. When you enter the hotel, you have to go to basement to find the reception and do not expect a proper reception, for now, it is just a hole in the wall. They told us that the construction will end at 9 PM however it was still going on at 10.

Due to the construction, all air conditioners are blowing dust in each room and our room was covered in dust maybe 2 mm thick. We refused the first 2 rooms but after checking several of them, we understood all of them were in the same condition.

Finally we had to accept one of the rooms, the receptionist sent house keeping immediately but mobbing the floors was not enough since the dust was everywhere. (and dust was not the only problem, the reftigerators, the closets, everything with a lid or cover were also incredibly dirty)

And there is a bar just outside the hotel and the music is loud and going on till midnight. (the rooms at the opposite side do not hear anything at all)

The breakfast was also disappointment, for that price range it was really poor.

Anyway, we were planning to stay for 4 days but after the first night, we checked out and found a much better hotel.

Once the construction is finished, I think it will be a good hotel but for now, stay far away!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank aysem_duygu

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

kolkata
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2010

silver ferns is ideally located in saket near to pvr saket community hall .The hotel has the best in class service , the staff is very polite and efficient .Rooms are pretty well and cozy .The bed is awesome ....

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mrinal_Upadhyay, at Silver Ferns Hotel, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear Sir
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in New Delhi. We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, Guest Feedback encourage us in improving our service.It is our endavour to provide you best of the services while you stay in our hotel. As our guest's satisfaction is our main priority. It is very important for us that our guests’ experiences are shared. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your collaboration and we hope to see you again soon at our hotel.

Thanks and Regards
Budget India Holidays
Hyderabad, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2009

I stayed at this place for a couple of nights and it was not the best experience i had.

the rooms are ok, and the bathrooms are small.

It's supposed to be a botuiqe hotel, but it fails to live up to any expectations.

it is located bang in the heart of a business district, so that is some saving grace. If getting a good night's sleep is ALL that you are looking for, you may consider this place.

However, for the price u pay, there are many, faaaaarrrr better places on offer.

I'd give it a miss.

PS: Dont even bother with the food. just step out and into one of the MANY restraunts that are a hop skip and jump away.

• Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2009

I was surprised at some of the negative reviews for this hotel because I really liked it. My room was clean and modern. The hotel is not located in a central part of Delhi, which, to my pleasant surprise, I liked. It provided me with an opportunity to walk around a more residential area that one normally would not see if staying in a more central area. It is off a plaza with stores, theatres, (too many) chain restaurants as well as some independent ones. The garbage on the plaza the following morning was substantial (but it gets cleaned up).

I agree with the other reviews about not getting the hotel to call you a taxi - they gouge you big time. There is a taxi stand diagonally across the plaza just past the movie theatres. Rates there are good. I simply walked over to the taxi stand, negotiated a good rate, and asked them to come and get me at the hotel (so I didn't have to lug my bags there).

The breakfast was okay. Nothing amazing, and the dining room itself is not terribly inviting.

I stayed here for one night only as the last night of a tour (supposedly because it's closer to the airport than more "central" hotels, but I'm not sure that there's really much of a difference). Because I stayed at this hotel as part of a tour, I don't know what kind of rate was charged, so can't comment on value in that regard.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled solo