1,201 results
All reviews rooftop restaurant yoga room tandoori oven boutique hotel an oasis small hotel residential area common areas first stop busy city india trip breakfast and dinner connaught place long flight metro driver agra
Reviewed 24 August 2016

This is our first night in India, so I ordered the airport pick-up from them. Since we spent more time in the airport, the driver was still awaiting us outside. Once we got the hotel, the staff brought us to see all the places and functions in the hotel. Next morning, we had our breakfast at the roof top and the food was delicious despite many flies around there(I think it is unavoidable) After that, I had my yoga class and the instructor wan't slack at all, which made me sweat a lot! But compared to other places we stay, the price of Shanti is truly a bit higher. Anyway, we definitely had a great stay there!

Room Tip: "Breakfast at rooftop", "advanced yoga class"
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Praxis S, General Manager at Shanti Home, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2016

Dear Guest,

We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with the overall experience of your stay with us. Your positive comments are a source of motivation for the team.

Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

Stayed at the Shanti Home for 1 night in July just to see the Taj Mahal on my way home from Aamby Valley City. I flew into Delhi and the hotel arranged a car for me from the airport and also to Agra the following day. The taxi driver had my name on a sign waiting at the airport. So from start to finish this hotel did not disappoint.

First the hotel is so beautiful. The decor is just spectacular. The staff is outstanding Sudhir is very knowledgeable about all things India. Ask him about any of the art you see. He was very helpful and I really appreciated all his help.

The restaurant is cozy and the food is quite good.

The rooms are also very unique and just beautiful. I will return to this hotel next time I go India. It was such a wonderful experience all around. Don't stay anywhere else in Delhi it only took about 15/20 mins from the airport.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Kelee Z

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share a wonderful review. It is our constant endeavor to provide our guests with the highest levels of comfort & quality service to ensure a memorable experience.

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for four nights as I was on business in Delhi. The staff made me feel very welcome and comfortable throughout my stay. Excellent massage and henna services. Yoga and meditation room amazing. Safe location a must when travelling alone. The roof top restaurant was available 24 hours and this is a unique service for international guests arriving and leaving at different hours of the day. Spotless rooms and large spacious bathroom and storage. Thank you all at shantihome and see you soon.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank 6011da

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

Had a really short stay here in early August. It was my first time to India, so I was suffering a little with culture shock and acclimatising to the heat and humidity! I arrived in the middle of the night to a really warm, friendly welcome!

Breakfast was basic but pleasant.

Good wifi, clean rooms, good showers and helpful front of house

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

Way too hyped!

After reading all the raving reviews on tripadvisor, we booked a three night stay at shanti home. It did not live up to its reputation, and I can't for the life of me see why it's #4.

First off, it really doesn't offer good value: at about rs. 5k/night (in low season), we have stayed at far better places, even in Delhi. If the price has been about 3k, i would have thought it more appropriate.

Some thoughts:
- the distance to the centre is considerable, 45 min with the metro, and due to the delhi traffic, a cab/uber is not an option in the morning and late afternoon. At night and mid-day, the traffic is better. This is not necessarily a bad thing depending on what you're looking for, but something to be aware of.
- The rooms have themes, and ours was "goa". It had nothing to do with goa apart from two small photographies on the wall, and smelled a bit strange. It was also dark, both during the day (small corner window, unpractical curtains that block some of the light even when drawn back), and during the night (insufficient lighting: had to stand in the bathroom even with all lights on in order to try some recently bought clothes).
- Breakfast was a huge letdown, and we were served a wrong order twice. The buffet only offers cereals and fruit. You get two eggs to order (sunny-side up was too difficult apparently, the yokes were completely hard), and some toast, and thats about it. They also boast an "indian breakfast dish" every day, but this was rather disappointing: three small boring potato samosa with ketchup one day, and an overcooked non-stuffed parrata another. None of the exciting breakfasts we tried across india, no chutneys, no sambar. Finally they boast some crêpes with a variety of fillings, but while we were there the only filling available was apparently fruits. Nutella despite being listed was unavailable all three days.
- During our three-nights stay, housekeeping failed to restore our shampoo and showergel (emptied the first day) and they also left a half-empty toilet roll all over the toilet seat (presumably forgotten after they changed the roll on the dispenser)
- The restaurant is pricey. Once again, compared with prices in other hotels' restaurants, this is not good value (at about 6-700 for a main course, 320 for steamed rice). We have eaten at some 5* hotels' restaurants for this price. We did not try the food.
- The hotel hallway and courtyard are packed with mosquitoes, these sometimes also come into the room despite the hotel providing mosquito-repelling plugs (make sure the wall outlet is turned *on* every night because housekeeping keep turning it off). Advisable to spray moozie-spray on the upper body at night.

Some positive things: the welcome, the furniture, esp in the lounges, is beautiful (though a bit chaotic). No TV in the room is also a plus, and a fairly well-stocked exchange library. Reception staff are helpful (but at times painfully slow).

All in all, an OK place except for being overpriced. It would deserve two or three dots for this review, but i am purposedly giving it only one in the hope that other travellers can revise their expectations after the rave reviews and #4-ranking.

Stayed: August 2016
2  Thank Tove ø

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We truly value your opinion. I want to apologize for the experience you had with our hotel.
We value feedback like yours as it allows us to improve further. Your areas of concern have been worked upon. You will certainly see improvement during your next stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to experience positive change.