“Your wish is their command”
Review of Shanti Home

Shanti Home
Ranked #4 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Melbourne, Australia
“Your wish is their command”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

My husband and I have been to India many times since the 1990s. We are older and now appreciate our comforts. We have found our home away from home. The hotel is away from the hustle and bustle and noise. I am a poor sleeper but we arranged a pick up from the airport and spent 3 days and 2 nights here and immediately booked our return stay. We were near the Metro which we used a great deal but if you prefer they can arrange everything for you. We found the Metro easy to use and able to get anywhere we watned but if you prefer other means they can arrange it. Transfers, trips around Delhi, day trip to Agra etc. They can check any of your train / plane details for you.
They were knowledgeable about areas to shop and sight-seeing. We have been to Delhi many times but they still came up with shops and places to see that we had missed before.
The hotel was clean, the rooms interesting and very relaxing. The welcome on the first appearance is warm, friendly and a lovely fresh flower garland. The staff were fantastic, warm and welcoming - like family. We used the transfers 3 times and had no problems, It was arranged to put on our bill and no issues.
I did the cooking class and had a fabulous time. My husband and I love Indian food and we only finished the full breakfast once as it was so large,
I highly recommend the hotel, the cooking class and the rooftop restaurant. The Afghan chicken, the masala omelette, the dum alloo benares and the tandoor are well worth it.
The small touches in the rooms, the Internet access, and the computers if you do not have one, the statues, the art work and the themed rooms (Bollywood and the talkies with great pictures). I have just cooked a 5 course meal from my lesson there and my family loved it. Bread and all, from scratch. It was very quiet (quietest we have been except for the Kerala houseboats) and helpful friendly staff. Large bed - my husband is 6'2'' and finds it hard sometimes in India. I also took advantage of the massage - excellent followed by the sauna and shower. Excellent value. We had a fantastic time. They try hard and always want to know if they could do more. We will be back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet and warm and have different themes. All are clean and have shower, small bat...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Robyn G
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Really liked this hotel - we to Delhi for a wedding, and this hotel ticked all the boxes. Clean, friendly staff, good service, and an amazing roof top restaurant with fabulous food. My husband and I are old India hands, and have stayed in some good places and some horrific - this is definitely one of the best.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank CMF20
Millburn, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 March 2012

This is my fourth time at the New Delhi Shanti Home, where i often transit from New York on my way to organize Coaching Treks with my clients in Nepal. After a 15 hours flight, i found that the efficient transportation aspect to the true comfort. perfectly clean, elegant cultural indent of Shanti Home would already been enough. But Shanti Home add a very very special feel of making you be part of their family, going out of their way to answer your needs in an authentic, yet realistic way. The ownership and leadership of Shanti Home truly empowers people to make the best possible decisions for their clients. May I add that the peaceful and beautiful atmosphere in the heart of a true neighborhood experience add to the infinite charm of the place. Special mention here to the Roof top restaurant service, to the excellent massage therapists, and to the welcoming caring true service oriented front desk staff. A final note, i brought a beautiful scarf form their boutique for my daughter, and she was delighted.
Shanti Home is my home away from home when i am in New Delhi.

Room Tip: all rooms have a perfectly and simple way to make you feel in India, i loved the fact that there are...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank EdAntoine
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 2 March 2012

All in all a really good experience. I stayed for one night before heading back to Europe, therefor the location out of the center of Delhi wasn't a problem.

Shanti home arranged a train station pick-up combined sightseeing and suggested places to go. All excellent places, I will definitely take their advice again. The driver was really nice and kind.

During my stay in India I had masages every other day, with a price range from 300 to 3000 rupees. The quality followed the price and the massage at Shanti Home, 1000 rupees, also. It was good, though not unforgetable.

If you have been to Delhi before its a good starting or ending point for your trip. The area is fine, the small mall/ bazar 10 minutes away is local and nice to see.

Travelling alone the place is super as you can spend time in the spa and eat in the very good rooftop restaurant.

I forgot two items in the room -- the management send it to me in Denmark. Thank you!
I will stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank nlyn
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 1 March 2012

we were at the Shanti home at the begining and at the end of our Rajastan trip. It's a typical deluxe bed&breakfast, very clean and all the staff was really taking care of us. The food was fantastic for the adults and they try to satisfay our children (not successfully); we enjoy a lot to have dinner on the roof floor.
The rooms were comfortable although one out of the three bathroom needs some restoration. Shanti is not on a main street, but in any case rooms are a bit noisy.
Generally, we quote Shanti a good location.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family