“An Unusual Tour”

Delhi Photo Tour
Ranked #16 of 53 Food & Drink in New Delhi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Explore India with your camera. Delhi Photo Tour takes you to the well known landmarks as well as seldom visited hidden gems. The tours include photography, food, urban exploration, night sights, daily lives of locals, markets, art, history and much more. In addition to the tours listed on our website, you can also arrange for a custom tour of the city tailored according to your needs. You don't need an expensive camera to take good photographs.We can help you make good use of your camera of any type. If you don't have a camera, our photography guides will take great pictures of you and places you visit for you which you can use in any way you wish. Free pickup and drop from central Delhi, bottled water, snacks are provided in every tour.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed 3 March 2017

I stayed in Delhi for a few days before joining a group that toured northern India. The typical tours have been carefully planned so that there can be no deviation. If you aren't very interested in the place or event that the tour director takes you, there's nothing you can do but be bored stiff. With Delhi Photo Tour, it's very different -- it's all about you. I took tours on two days and found them to be outstanding. My tour guide, Jaidev, often would ask me if I wanted to stay longer or move on to something else. During the entire time I was with him I remained fascinated and interested and never got bored or restless. I can't say that for the other tours that I went on. I am an amateur photographer with a simple camera but with Jaidev's guidance I took some marvelous photos.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
FoodTourIn_Delhi, Guest Relations Manager at Delhi Photo Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2017

Namaste Sandy,

Thank you for taking time out and writing us a wonderful review. It was our pleasure to have you on photo tour. Hope the photography trips are working for you and keep taking picture.

Team - Delhi Photo Tour

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

I spent a great day around old Delhi taking pictures and having different kind of food . This experience was very intense for me because of the useful recommendations of Rajeev about street photography . I learned a lot during this tour . Thanks a lot for this super moment :)

Namaste Robin,

It was our pleasure to have you on photo tour. Thanks for writing us a review.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

A few hours with Rajeev in the busy street of old Delhi and my camera was in over drive! A great way to see and take photos with a local who knows all the back streets and best view points as well as taste some yummy 'safe' street food offerings along the way!! If you have a few hours to spend in Delhi recommend and do an early morning custom photo tour or one of their regular photo tours!

FoodTourIn_Delhi, Guest Relations Manager at Delhi Photo Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2017

Namaste Alex,

Thank you for taking time out and writing us a review. It was a day well spend.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Having just arrived in Delhi, my friend and I contacted Rajeev Goyal at Delhi Photo Tour. We were definitely in for a special day. Picking us up from our hotel, we immediately loved Rajeev's great sense of humour, positive energy, and passion for his city and country, travel, food and photography. An excellent communicator he shared stories of everyday market life, history, culture, and current affairs. As we explored the market, he helped us learn to approach people to take photographs and understand what we were seeing. As well, his amazing knowledge about photography and different functions on our cameras helped to develop our skills and improve our photos. Luckily, too, his love of food led to sampling various taste treats along the way - our mouths still water. Being flexible, Rajeev was willing to cater to our interests. In addition to visiting the market, he also took us to Humayun's tomb at sunset and to a special ceremony at the Gurudwara Bangla Shahib Sikh Temple - both very memorable. Our day with Rajeev was an amazing introduction to our travels in India.

Namaste Cheryl,

Thank you for a wonderful descriptive review. It was pleasure having you on photo tour and seeing Delhi from a different lens.

Reviewed 21 December 2016

I'd managed to extend a work trip over a couple of weekends and being my first time in India and a passionate photographer I wanted to get out and explore Delhi. I was referred to Rajeev by my creative director who had previously been on one of the food tours and loved it so I decided that'd be my Sunday activity.

First contact with Rajeev was simple and easy and he laid out all my options. I opted for the full day which after meeting up I was pretty much in control of where we went / what I could be shown. Great flexibility!

We headed off leaving the tourist spots behind and as I was after some more candid street photography Rajeev took me to Old Delhi as planned then provided me with lots of interesting insights into the locations, history and tips from his photography experience. An even bigger bonus was the chef aspect - even though I was on the photo tour, Rajeev got me trying some fantastic food throughout the day. Stuffed by the end of it!

I flew back to the UK the following day feeling happy with my collection of images, a little editing on the plane and turns out I ended up winning a weekly photography competition with one of my shots the day after (that's now headed for an exhibition opening in January), so that added to the experience even more!

Overall I'd highly recommend a trip out with Rajeev, and everyone else that works there no doubt. Theres trips to suit most price ranges so even if you only head out for a couple of hours I think you'll find it very interesting. I'm hopeful work will need me back in India next year so I wont hesitate to give Rajeev a ring.

Thanks Rajeev!

1  Thank Ben S
FoodTourIn_Delhi, Guest Relations Manager at Delhi Photo Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2016

Namaste Ben,

It was a pleasure meeting you and a day well spend. Thank you for taking time out and writing us a detailed experience with us, highly appreciated!!

We will be glad to see you soon on your next trip to India.