Hotel Palace Heights
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$ 135
US$ 106
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
US$ 326
Travelocity
US$ 119
US$ 93
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsconnaught placeperfect holiday travelszaffran restaurantadjoining restaurantrajiv chowkinner circlecentral locationrooms are smallhotel restaurant isrestaurants and shopsexcellent locationbottled watermetro stationtwo nightswelcome drinkthe hotel staffbreakfast was included
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We went to see if Hotel Bright (also in Connaught Place) had any vacancies after a Lonely Planet recommendation - they didn't but they suggested we try out Palace Heights (it later transpired that they were owned by the same company...) but we were very glad we listened to them! Excellent service, modern and clean rooms and a good breakfast was included.

Downside: there were lots of construction works going on outside the hotel and one night started up about 11.30pm so it can be a bit noisy - but i think you should expect that throughout Delhi! Also - it wasn't a cheap stay - but you pay a premium for the location in Connaught Place.

Room Tip: Throughout India, i would always recommend asking to see a room before confirming your booking as they do tend to vary!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gem_W1
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I, Jeff, and my wife, Hema, stayed here four nights this June. Palace Heights lives up to its Trip Advisor ratings. Great location in the heart of Delhi shopping and restaurants and sights. Bedrooms and bathrooms are modern and clean. The free bottled water in rooms is a big plus. The air conditioning very good and strong water pressure in the shower and sink faucets. The full breakfast every morning was first class and my wife loved the masala omlette and chai. Tried the restaurant twice for dinner and was happy with the Indian cuisine. Most of all, wonderfully efficient, friendly, gracious staff who treated us each day like extended family. GM - Gerard Joseph, and front office staff Irwinjeet Singh, Waseem, Chandra and Mukesh were all excellent. All of them helped us in ways big and small and we hope to see them on our next trip to India.

Room Tip: Metro and street infrastructure work for the rest of 2012, but all rooms seem nicely sound insulated. Rooms are small but efficient use of space like in Japanese hotels.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2012

We saw this hotel as high-rated by Tripsdvisor but were wary of its high ranking amongst the Leela's and Oberai's. After double-checking with a few other travel sites, we decided to stay at this hotel for our one-night stop in New Delhi. We weren't at all disappointed, and were thrilled we Stayed here. The rooms were new and clean; the hotel is very well-kept. The location is amazing, right in the heart of Delhi. The restaurant had great Indian options for a very reasonable price. All in all, 5 stars for the price!

The only drawback to our stay was getting there. We had to circle D block in Connaught place before we could find it. But once there we were very glad we did.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Darek S
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I stayed at Hotel Palace Heights for a week while exploring Delhi. For the quality of the hotel, it was definitely a great value. The staff is wonderful, and the accommodations are very nice. While in Delhi, I also used the travel agency they referred me -- Perfect Holiday Travels -- for airport transfers and a day trip to the Taj Mahal and Fatehpur Sikri with friends. Our driver Bodhraj was fabulous! I'd absolutely recommend this hotel and Perfect Holiday Travels!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I stayed here last year, and had only good things to say about it, but I said I had problems with the internet service, and since I travel to India for work, this was a real disadvantage. So I want to update everyone: I stayed here again in June; everything was as good as before (comfortable room complimentary fruit and cookies and water as well as breakfast; nice, well-functioning bathroom, helpful and accommodating staff, unbeatable location), and the wi fi connection worked perfectly... it was fast enough to accommodate Skype calling and anything else I needed.

Now I can't think of a single thing to complain about! On the contrary, I feel like a real "insider" being able to recommend this place, which I would recommend over any of the big, fancy hotels.

I will add to my last year's review that one of the great perks of this hotel is that they have an excellent restaurant that serves (graciously) till midnight. I ate there most of the nights I was in Delhi, because I'd forget about dinner till 11 or so, and then I really didn't feel like going out. I had something different every night and it was all good. They also serve really good coffee along with the breakfast.

This is definitely now "my hotel in Delhi".

Room Tip: Some of the rooms face a blank wall, and some face outward to the street. I ask for a room facing out, because I would feel claustrophobic in a room that just faced a wall.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business