“Great Hotel Centrally located/great attached restaurant”

Hotel Palace Heights
Ranked #38 of 736 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 27 January 2012

This hotel was centrally located. The staff was friendly and very accommodating when construction noise was an issue. Ask for a room in the interior section if there is construction going on in that area. Also, our saturday night stay was affected by the bass tones of a nearby music venue. The attached Zaffron restaurant was the best. The breakfast was superb and the dinners were authentic Indian cuisine. I would recommend both the hotel and restaurant when staying in Connaught place. I felt safe and well taken care of.

Room Tip: Interior rooms are quieter. There is a music venue nearby with a bass tone that may affect the outsi...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank mistyblue528

Reviewed 23 January 2012

We thoroughly recommend the Palace Heights Hotel in New Delhi. The rooms were clean, modern and comfortable and the staff were efficient, friendly and helpful. There were a lot of little touches that made our stay special and the restaurant was first rate. The location in Connaught Place was an added bonus.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martin W
Reviewed 20 January 2012

This was the last place, of ten, we stayed in our month long trip December 2011 – everywhere booked based on Trip Advisor reviews and all arranged by ourselves directly by email.

After our trip through Rajasthan then Agra, we needed somewhere to recover before our trip home. Also, our holiday to India would not have been complete without visiting the nation’s capital.

The Hotel Palace Heights fitted the bill perfectly. Excellent location right in the middle of New Delhi, handy for fancy shops and comfort with great room and wonderful hot shower.

Good breakfast and we also had dinner in the hotel which seemed to be very popular with the locals – a good sign.

All transfers were perfect including our pickup from Railway station and drop off at the Airport.

On our return we thought we had left something in the hotel which it turned out we had not. The hotel staff went to much trouble to find our missing items and we can only apologise for wasting their time.

Although there was some construction work, this did not bother us at all. This is India!

Staff very helpful and welcoming.

Great place to stay in New Delhi – safe, clean, tidy and friendly.

Our full itinerary was Kerala: Kochi-Sajhome (3 nights), Munnar-Royal Mist (4 nights), Alleppey-Raheem Residency (2 nights), Kerala Backwaters-Lakes and Lagoons (2 nights)

Mumbai-Westin Garden City (5 nights)

Rajasthan: Jaisalmer-Hotel Pleasant Haveli (5 nights), Jodhpur-Ratan Vilas (2 nights), Jaipur-Anuraag Villa (3 nights), Agra for Taj Mahal-Palmstay (1 night), New Delhi-Hotel Palace Heights (2 nights)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jaguar3
Reviewed 14 January 2012

We stayed for three nights at the start of our Indian vacation and were pleased with the experience. We arranged a car pick up from the airport through the hotel, and they were friendly and reliable (of course overpriced, but all the hotel cars are). The hotel on the upper floor of a low-rise building, so all rooms are a short walk from the lobby. There's an elevator and stairs to get up there, and there's a security guard at the ground level door. The room was very clean, had a good air conditioner, good safe, and a large marble bathroom. We found it a bit tight but still very functional. There was some noise, music, etc., but it didn't keep us from sleeping well. The view was of an internal courtyard, but we weren't spending much time in the room, so it didn't matter. Excellent location on Connaught Place, super close to the subway, many restaurants, and shops. Staff were helpful in giving us codes for the wifi and arranging taxis. The real star of this hotel, though, is the incredible restaurant, Zaffran. We never, ever eat at hotel restaurants, but after reading other positive comments and arriving exhausted from New York, decided to give it a try. Service was great and the food just wonderful. We had the best food of our whole trip here. The included breakfast is also awesome; you'll be stuffed for the whole day. Would recommend Hotel Palace Heights for a reasonably priced stay in Delhi--make sure to eat in Zaffran too.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank tholmes
Reviewed 11 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel in Oct of 2011 for 6 days. I wanted a hotel that was central and midrange price wise, as hotels in Delhi can either be very expensive or back packer type hotels with rooms under $50 which I did not feel adventurous enough to try.
The Hotel from the outside does not look like much and when I got out of the Taxi I thought where am I staying? But once inside I was pleasantly surprised.
The hotel room was very clean, although on the small size (think New York), while the bathroom was very large. There was a bar fridge and safe in the room which I appreciated. The room was also very tastefully decorated and I cannot think of anything disappointing about the room.
The staff at this hotel were some of the most accommodating hotel staff I had ever encountered they were extremely friendly and helpful.
The location for me was the most important as I wanted a central location to explore Delhi and I was not disappointed. It was extremely easy to catch a auto rickshaw, and the subway was right out front. Try the subway it is the best subway system I have ever been on, (while I can only compare to North America). The subway was very inexpensive, extremely clean, very easy to navigate and very efficient time wise as traffic in Delhi is beyond congested.
The hotel restaurant Zaffron was also very good. I am always sceptical of Hotel restaurants as I always find the food bland and the prices high. I would not of even tried it but I noticed very few tourists in the restaurants and lots of locals so this enticed me to try it. Again the staff were amazing and the food exceptional and the portion sizes were very generous.
A great hotel in Delhi.