“My stay at Swati Deluxe”
Review of Hotel Swati Deluxe

Hotel Swati Deluxe
Ranked #365 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Ahmedabad, India
“My stay at Swati Deluxe”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I visited Delhi in mid May, 2012. I have booked the suite room online through their website. I was excited to get good deal on their website. The online booking process was smooth and they did not charge my credit card while booking. That was really great.

When I called them to confirm my booking 2 days before I was scheduled to reach there, first they could not find my booking in their hotel. After some searching, they found that my booking was made into old hotel swati instead of hotel Swati deluxe. It was corrected. When I confirmed about the charges the manage told me that there are 20% taxes on the booking amount shown on the website. I was feeling like cheated. But when manager said that the taxes would be on the rack rate (6,500/- per night) instead of the offered discounted rate (2600/-), I was feeling really bad about it.
I was not allowed to cancel the booking as if I cancel the booking they will deduce one night charges from my credit card (Details were taken while online booking).

Finally I decided to stay there for one night without my willingness.

When I reached there, it took them 1.30 hours to allot a suit room because by mistake they allotted my room to someone else just ahead of me.

The suit room was OK. Nothing to be called as a suit room.
The food at the attached restaurant is excellent.

Overall my advice is to directly go there, negotiate and book your room. There are plenty of hotels in Karol baug area which can offer better room at reasonable price.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chennai
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I've been staying for neary two months in Swathi
Hospitality is simply superb
The staff at the reception were so caring which made me forget the tiredness of the day.

even once got fired from my Wife for saying "i will be returning back to home (to the hotel) by 9:00 pm" and she was asking me which home and whose home?????

Room Tip: 104 to 106
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Singapore
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Ruhit, thank you so much. you made my stay comfortable. Thank you for the complimentary ride back to Airport. Looking forward to see you in Singapore, in a bigger Hotel..

Lovely place. about 5 min walk to Karol Bagh Metro station.
If you from NYC you love the restaurant, just amazed my with new R&B and Hip Hop hits. That really surprise me.

I will definitely go back again. Thank you guys.
Regards
DR.GB

Room Tip: If you are single traveler get the corner room, you need space...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Kajang, Malaysia
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I stayed for 4 days, enjoyed the location. Very near to shopping areas and hardly 300meters to the Metro Station which is so convenient to go to the city. The buffet breakfast was good with a variety of vegetarian food to choose from.
I made use of the free WiFi which is on every floor.
One of the problem I had was the Air Conditioner which was old and gave some problems but the staff moved us to another room which the A/C was old but worked.
The other problem was the elevator broke down which made it difficult for my elderly parents but the staff got it fixed in a day.
I will definitely stay there again if I'm down in Delhi.
Good value for money. Loved it.

Room Tip: Try to get the lower floors, because you never know when the lift will be out of order.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Melbourne
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I stayed at the Swati Deluxe twice in different rooms, one better than the other. The rooms are ok. Room service is cheap and tasty. I love it's location in Karol Bagh, a great and vibrant local area of New Delhi. A great budget base in Delhi.

• Stayed June 2011