“Superb location”
Review of Hotel Swati Deluxe

Hotel Swati Deluxe
Ranked #345 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I stayed for 4 days, enjoyed the location. Very near to shopping areas and hardly 300meters to the Metro Station which is so convenient to go to the city. The buffet breakfast was good with a variety of vegetarian food to choose from.
I made use of the free WiFi which is on every floor.
One of the problem I had was the Air Conditioner which was old and gave some problems but the staff moved us to another room which the A/C was old but worked.
The other problem was the elevator broke down which made it difficult for my elderly parents but the staff got it fixed in a day.
I will definitely stay there again if I'm down in Delhi.
Good value for money. Loved it.

Room Tip: Try to get the lower floors, because you never know when the lift will be out of order.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

I stayed at the Swati Deluxe twice in different rooms, one better than the other. The rooms are ok. Room service is cheap and tasty. I love it's location in Karol Bagh, a great and vibrant local area of New Delhi. A great budget base in Delhi.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank Shamrockkitten
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I arrived at the hotel at 2:30 am, the room was not the one I had booked but after 24 hours travelling I didn't feel like starting a discussion. Next day I was moved to the room I had already paid for though Agoda. Clean, plenty of hot water, good selection of food for breakfast, the staff was frendly and ready to help. My suitcase didn't arrive with me so I asked the reception desk to call and make enquieries for me, no problem with that either. As I was travelling on my own and it was my first time in India I was a bit nervous about the choice of the hotel but apart from the fact that the street noise during the day is at a times hard to ignore, I had a good experience.
No silly glances, comments, etc from the staff, room service was delivered when requiered and check out was ready at 04 am the day I was due to leave!

Room Tip: corner rooms are noiser, bring your ear plugs!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank angela p
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We were in Delhi on two different weekends and our tour placed in the Swati Deluxe both times.

We arrived at 2.30am and were taken to our "upgraded" superior room (309). It was cold in Delhi, about 5c, and the room was freezing and had no heating. The room was very basic and seem to have seen better days. Tried to take a shower but the water was icy cold. The wifi didn't work very well in the room - I think as a corner room it was too far from the router so it only worked properly when stood next to the door.

The complimentary breakfast is served in the restaurant next door and there is plenty of choice to start the day and the food was tasty.

I wasn't looking forward to going back to the hotel, even though it was only for 1 night but our room (305) was surprisingly good. Seemed to be a lot better decorated, was warm, the wifi worked perfectly and, best of all, the shower was hot and powerful - the best of the trip. What a difference a room can make!

My only negative was that at 7.45 in the morning whilst we were still sleeping, one of the staff pressed the doorbell and, without waiting, walked right into the room without apology.

I wasn't feeling so well in the morning but the staff from the restaurant were kind enough to deliver some room service to me.

The hotel location is good - nearby a large market and lots of restaurants (and a McD, KFC, Pizza Hut if you really need it) and also is less than a 5 minute walk to the Karol Bagh metro but prepare to get crushed on the train!

Room Tip: Don't get a corner room!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mrrfrost
Reviewed 21 December 2011

we reached Delhi at 4am and were shocked by the condition of our hotel which was booked by the tour organiser. luckily Swati was close by and we managed to booked in quickly and get a good nite's sleep. clean, cosy, a bit pricey, a bit noisy 4th floor where the staff seemed to shout to each other. but bathroom was clean and resto next door was good. thx for saving us.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business