“Best Hotel in Chandni Chowk”

Hotel Tara Palace Chandni Chowk
Ranked #81 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Brisbane, Australia
“Best Hotel in Chandni Chowk”
Reviewed 3 March 2012

If your looking for an excellent place to stay in Chandni Chowk, this is the hotel to be at.

I was in india for my wedding shopping, we chose to stay at this hotel as it was in Chandni Chowk where I planned on doing bulk of my shopping. Although you cannot literally drive up to the hotel, once your there the bell boys will come running up to help you out. The hotel is really clean, big rooms, lovely staff and excellent breakfast. We did have problems with the power though it turned on and off intermediately but was quickly fixed. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: It's not worth getting a room with a balcony..there is no view.. make sure you go upstairs fo...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
st louis, mo
Reviewed 2 March 2012

The staff at this hotel can best be described as thieves. After spending one night in this hotel without heat or hot water, I told reception that I planned to find another hotel. Having booked three nights in advance, I was told I would need to pay for all three nights, or they would refuse to return my luggage. I was coerced under threat to paying for nights in a hotel that couldn't provide the most basic of services. I later reversed the charges on the credit card, and paid them nothing. STAY AT THIS HOTEL AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank nichehasbadservice
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I chose the location because I knew I wanted to see the sites in Old Delhi and thought it would be nice to stay somewhere within walking distance of them. I'd also been warned to stay away from the Paharganj area. It turns out that the Chandni Chowk area is so crowded with people almost every day that just walking out of the hotel and going anywhere became an exhausting ordeal. It would have been wise to stay somewhere quieter, perhaps in South Delhi.

The good: the hotel provided free airport pickup, free breakfast (choice of I think five options - we had the parathas all three days). They accepted credit cards. The room had a hot shower and was very quiet aside from noise in the halls on occasion. There was AC but we just used the fan. We stayed in room 305, down the hall from the dining room.

We paid rs1911/night plus tax, so I was expecting more than we got in terms of value. If I were going to stay in Delhi again, I'd chose to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2012
Bristol, Connecticut
Reviewed 27 February 2012

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Tara Palace for 3 nights recently, the hotel was very clean, the staff were great, and the food was good and cheap! The location is a little surprising-down an alley,but it was safe and close to great things to see; spice market, Chandhi Chowk, Red Fort etc. and an auto rikshaw was an inexpensive way to get to other sites. Breakfast was included and tasty. A great deal cost wise!
The staff were helpful, and accommodating. They have a travel office that is helpful,provides maps, organizes trips taxis etc.
Old Delhi can be overwhelming,so be ready, lots of people, smells, things, little side streets to get lost in. The hotel was a nice reprieve after a crazy afternoon of shopping and street food.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Our plans changed last minute and Tara palace helped us at short notice to extend our stay and arrange airport pick-up in the middle of the night. 24hr reception helped us book tours, buy sarees, mend shoes, ironing, washing, organize drivers, contact airlines etc. Our room was spacious and clean and it is in a great location for a true 'old delhi' experience, close to bazaar but quiet. Eat the Indian Breakfast!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family